By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Biggest selling games released in 2007

Now that the year is coming to a close and all the big hitters are out we can look at the biggest selling games of the year. Here is a list all the games I think might hit multiplatinum by December 31 and were released this year. All nmbers are in millions of copies. Numbers were pulled from the datbase 12/11

DS

More Brain Training ______________________3.61 (7.41)

Looks to be almost as huge as the previous installment.

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl __________________7.66 (12.16)

Even if you take out the Japan launch last year this title has been gangbusters in all markets in 2007.

Phantom Hourglass ______________________2.30

I thought this would be more, but it seems Zelda has gone from insanely popular to just massively popular.

Wii

WiiPlay ________________________________7.07

Discussed to death. Game sell controller, controller sells game, Nintendo wins. It makes me think that all companies should include small titles in with accesories to increase precieved value, and make lots of money.

Mario Party 8 ____________________________3.17

Current king of the party games. Mario and friend will only be stopped by themselves in MP9.

Mario Galaxy _____________________________2.41

Gaming Nirvana. The long awaited mainline Mario.

Wario Ware ______________________________1.96

Paper Mario ______________________________1.75

Halo 3 __________________________________5.85

For those coming out of hiberation, this game's launch was kind of a big deal.

Forza Motorsport 2 _________________________1.98

Popular, then added as a pack-in.

Call of Duty 4 _____________________________1.71

Series is really hitting it's stride

Guitar Hero 2 _____________________________1.72

Despite its late arrival to the 360, XBox gamers showed they wanted to get their Rock on.

PS3

Motorstorm _______________________________1.77

This much hyped title is now helping to drive sales of the 80GB PS3 bundle.

Multi-Platform

When combined these properties were monsters as well

Madden 08 ________________________________3.84

Americans love their football.

FIFA 08 ___________________________________3.84

Everyone else loves their football

Guitar Hero 3 _______________________________3.33

Now everyone can get their Rock on.

Pro Soccer Evolution 2008 _____________________3.39

Did I mention that people like sports.

Call Of Duty 4 _______________________________2.63

Aparently yummy on both consoles unlike some fubared titles brought to the PS3.

Assassins Creed ______________________________2.31

You haven't killed someone unless you have done it in HD

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

Around the Network

Edit; re read original post

Nice work there,
interesting read

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

You should add "World Soccer Winning Eleven 2008" sales to PES. It's now 0.37mln for PS2, 0.18 for PS3 and 0.02 for X360. So PES should be at 2.82+0.57=3.39 mln.

Don't forget that More Brain Training already sold over 3.8M copies in Japan in 2006, so you should subtract those from their 2007 number.

Around the Network

Wait, so are we including bundled sales or not? Because your Forza sales are near 2 million which is 1.5 million more than the non bundled sales.

I edited it for more soccer fans.

When did More Brain Training get released in Japan? The database says 12/31/06 so I didn't subtract anything. I now see the chart on the page I will edit it.

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

I am just going by what is in the game database. For Forza that includes bundles.

*naznatips is exempt

more brain training has been out in Japan over 90 weeks, was realesed over there only 30 weeks or so after the first one.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

When Halo launched everyone wondered if it could be beat. I guessed Guitar Hero 3. I was wrong, should have paid more attention to Wiiplay.

*naznatips is exempt