By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii User Base has Gone Through a Transformation

We don't have anything too far back, but was all the other consoles launched with games selling at "blockbuster" rate? I thought it takes a year or two at least before games start reaching that status, am I wrong?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

I think that it is not so much a change in who is buying the Wii now. The games have finally arrived. Many launch buyers found out when they picked up Galaxy that some good games did come out this year RE4, Paper Mario, Metroid etc.

There was just a mass of great titles that came out last month. The system has reached critical mass and is reapng the benefits. Same thing happened with Gears of War for the 360. Many people said it was the first good game but when they picked it out they found many fun titles.

As for developer I think they will continue to play Chicken with the "Win Big, Lose Big" mentality for the PS3/360/PC. Meanwhile they will make many small titles for the Wii and live off that steady income. Personally I think Zack&Wiki 2 makes me more Happy than RE5 and is more likely.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

dschumm said:
I think that it is not so much a change in who is buying the Wii now. The games have finally arrived. Many launch buyers found out when they picked up Galaxy that some good games did come out this year RE4, Paper Mario, Metroid etc.

There was just a mass of great titles that came out last month. The system has reached critical mass and is reapng the benefits. Same thing happened with Gears of War for the 360. Many people said it was the first good game but when they picked it out they found many fun titles.

As for developer I think they will continue to play Chicken with the "Win Big, Lose Big" mentality for the PS3/360/PC. Meanwhile they will make many small titles for the Wii and live off that steady income. Personally I think Zack&Wiki 2 makes me more Happy than RE5 and is more likely.

I was just going to write this and dschumm read my mind and typed it out. Thanks.

yeah i pretty much agree i think SMG is what wii really needed to help other games sell to new buyers

Somehow i don't think that MGS4 and FFXIII will be coming to the Wii anytime soon. I doubt that the console would be able to handle the games, not to mention that the developers have been screaming at the top of their lungs that the games are Exclusive to the PS3!

I guess some people will never stop! Next thing it will be Bioshock on the PS3 again (which isn't going to happen)

Around the Network

I think there's been a growing move towards the wii by hardcore gamers. As a second console, to go with PC gaming, or just becasue they're keen to try the a new control system.

I think mario's going to keep selling well, and keep drawing more traditional gamers towards the wii.

RolStoppable said:
Resident Evil 5 is already in development for the Wii and will (obviously) feature a superior control scheme. Also, Capcom is going to show us how good a 3rd party Wii game can look.

That's a rumor posted by Bikerboy on his website.

Ahh, confirmation of my visions. Such a beautiful feeling.

RE5 on Wii. A no-brainer that it would come to be after the success of RE4 Wii Edition.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:
RolStoppable said:
Resident Evil 5 is already in development for the Wii and will (obviously) feature a superior control scheme. Also, Capcom is going to show us how good a 3rd party Wii game can look.

RE5 on Wii. A no-brainer that it would come to be after the success of RE4 Wii Edition.

John Lucas

um, John, I think Rol was not really serious about that, as his reference to the boy with a bike indicates....still might eventually be confirmed, but for now its not. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

johnlucas said:
RolStoppable said:

John Lucas 

You seem to have fallen for Rol's cruel joke john.  He is making fun of Soriku's constant obsession with Surfer Girl's predictions.  Bikerboy is a fictional character that Rol randomly throws out in mockery of Surfer Girl.

naznatips said:
johnlucas said:
RolStoppable said:

John Lucas

You seem to have fallen for Rol's cruel joke john. He is making fun of Soriku's constant obsession with Surfer Girl's predictions. Bikerboy is a fictional character that Rol randomly throws out in mockery of Surfer Girl.

Or is it?  You never know, Bikerboy could be credible. 

Heck, he might even have his own blog like Surfergirl. 

Blogs are credible right?