By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Plans to Reboot Old IP"s, 3rd Birthday Listed as a Reboot

outlawauron said:

I can't really blame Mistwalker as they did an phenominal job on Lost Odyssey. I think Feel.plus played a giant role in that.

Although, story and game design aside (although we don't actually know who did what exactly), Blue Dragon had major problems outside of that. It was a shoddy game. Place your hate for Level 5 aside for a moment. I understand the complaints but substituting Artoon is like 8x worse.

The story in BD was trash, but the combat and job systems were stellar, some of the best this gen I'd say even.  And all RPGs should ape it's encounter system.  Nice town/dungeon design too, it really is a pretty little game.

Artoon can be hit or miss, but I thought Blue Dragon was a pretty underrated effort, especially in the west.  Easily better than Lost *yawn* Odyssey... what felt so shoddy to you exactly?

Around the Network

Ogre Battle needs a new game as well

Euphoria14 said:

I wish S-E would forget about Lara Croft and what ever else right now. I have been bothered for years now since Squaresoft left me hanging at the end of Vagrant Story. I loved that game and the ending screamed out "sequel" for me.

Yup... still waiting Square-Enix. Why not just reboot that?

Hell, they wouldn't even need to even reboot it to be completely honest, they could just make an all new game, featuring Ashley Riot and call it "Wanderer".

Yeah, i think they should just remake the game, keep the same story and dumb out the gameplay/exploration, because these aspects were so "hardcore" in the original, it just wasn't fun...

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

what do you expect about the 3rd birthday?, anyone?

If it is the same as Capcom's way of rebooting then I am going to hate them for life!!

Around the Network
RageBot said:
Euphoria14 said:

I wish S-E would forget about Lara Croft and what ever else right now. I have been bothered for years now since Squaresoft left me hanging at the end of Vagrant Story. I loved that game and the ending screamed out "sequel" for me.

Yup... still waiting Square-Enix. Why not just reboot that?

Hell, they wouldn't even need to even reboot it to be completely honest, they could just make an all new game, featuring Ashley Riot and call it "Wanderer".

Yeah, i think they should just remake the game, keep the same story and dumb out the gameplay/exploration, because these aspects were so "hardcore" in the original, it just wasn't fun...

If they dumb it all down I will hate S-E. Not everything has to be ridiculously simple. This is a big problem this gen. Everyone assumes that people are too stupid to enjoy games with challenge. 

I enjoyed all the exploring, crafting and attacking specific body parts to increase drop rates of weapons/armor. I liked working my ass off just to obtain that Holy Win Rood Blade made from Damascus.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

jarrod said:
outlawauron said:

I can't really blame Mistwalker as they did an phenominal job on Lost Odyssey. I think Feel.plus played a giant role in that.

Although, story and game design aside (although we don't actually know who did what exactly), Blue Dragon had major problems outside of that. It was a shoddy game. Place your hate for Level 5 aside for a moment. I understand the complaints but substituting Artoon is like 8x worse.

The story in BD was trash, but the combat and job systems were stellar, some of the best this gen I'd say even.  And all RPGs should ape it's encounter system.  Nice town/dungeon design too, it really is a pretty little game.

Artoon can be hit or miss, but I thought Blue Dragon was a pretty underrated effort, especially in the west.  Easily better than Lost *yawn* Odyssey... what felt so shoddy to you exactly?

Maru Maru killed that game for me, plus it was a bit annoying that everything could be searched. Should we mention that "This is the beginning"? Other than that I thought it was fun. It was like playing an anime and the battle system was a lot of fun. I loved the art style and wouldn't mind more games being created just like it, but leave out annoying voices that can't be remedied with ENG or JPN voice overs.

I agree with you as well on Lost Odyssey. What an overrated bore of a game. That storyline came to an ultimate crawl 3/4 of the way through. I have a buddy at work who is  borrowing it right now (Yeah, sold the 360 and kept the games) and he hasn't mentioned anything about it after telling me that he got to disc 4. Same place I stopped. playing.

Anyways, enjoy.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:

If they dumb it all down I will hate S-E. Not everything has to be ridiculously simple. This is a big problem this gen. Everyone assumes that people are too stupid to enjoy games with challenge.

This is pretty much why I gave up on S-E games. They're way too easy; I find their games from the 16-bit era to have more challenge than today's games. Though, it was their watering down of games that led me to find Atlus...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

dunno001 said:
Euphoria14 said:

This is pretty much why I gave up on S-E games. They're way too easy; I find their games from the 16-bit era to have more challenge than today's games. Though, it was their watering down of games that led me to find Atlus...

Atlus and NIS for me.

Currently playing:

Actraiser dammit!  (but only if Yuzo Koshiro does the music)