By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Person 3 FES or Persona 4?

Person 3 FES or Persona 4?

Persona 3 /(FES) 9 32.14%

Persona 4 13 46.43%

Both are equal 6 21.43%

Total:28
Antabus said:
Torillian said:
Antabus said:
Torillian said:

Also 3 takes quite a while for things to come together and for you to understand the greater purpose of going into the dungeons while 4 gives you an overall goal right from the get go. 

Really? I think it took more than 2 hours to see anything else than people chatting on P4.

which isn't that long in a 60 hour game. 

Btw, I get that you don't like these games, but coming into a thread trying to compare two games in the series and just saying both suck is pretty trolly.

Well, people whine for far less. Few skippable cutscenes and that seems to be too much. Can you skip those talks on P4?

I compared those games the best way I can. I'm sorry if I am not praising those games.

if you don't like characters and dialogue wtf are you playing a JRPG for?

and don't give me that bull, what you did was the same as me going into a thread talking about which Zelda in the past 20 years is best and simply saying "I don't know but all Zeldas suck"  it's trolling and I'm sure you know that.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Antabus said:
Torillian said:
Antabus said:
Torillian said:

Also 3 takes quite a while for things to come together and for you to understand the greater purpose of going into the dungeons while 4 gives you an overall goal right from the get go. 

Really? I think it took more than 2 hours to see anything else than people chatting on P4.

which isn't that long in a 60 hour game. 

Btw, I get that you don't like these games, but coming into a thread trying to compare two games in the series and just saying both suck is pretty trolly.

Well, people whine for far less. Few skippable cutscenes and that seems to be too much. Can you skip those talks on P4?

I compared those games the best way I can. I'm sorry if I am not praising those games.

if you don't like characters and dialogue wtf are you playing a JRPG for?

I guess there are different kind of characters on those games? But it is true, generally I don't like the characters. I don't mind dialogue, if it is even a bit interesting and not 2-3 hours in a row.

I really enjoy a good(imo) turn based jrpg.  A huge cup of tea, something to eat and a good jrpg. Sweet. :P

I see you edited your post.

I did not know that it is a necessity to like the series to comment on them.

Torillian said:

Having played both I would say that Persona 4 is definitely better than 3, mostly because 4 is 3's sequel and Atlus improved on a lot of the mechanics.  Also 3 takes quite a while for things to come together and for you to understand the greater purpose of going into the dungeons while 4 gives you an overall goal right from the get go. 

That's good to know. I'm only about 4 hours into the game but I'm really wondering what the point of Tartarus is and if I should bother to continue!

Persona 4 starts of alot slower but overall its 100 times better.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Persona 4 no doubt. While on a few ocasions persona 3 fes can outshine persona 4, persona 4 is just such a big leap forward in mechanics/voiceacting and general flow of the game that's it's just better. It's more funny too come to think of it.

Both are exeptionel games though. Persona 4 is one of my favorite games of all time no doubt.

Around the Network

personally I like persona 3 more, Though 4 had good game mechanics I just couldn't shake the story concepts similarity to the movie 'the ring' (which is VERY average in itself imo). I felt 3 had a more original story and i really liked the way it was inspired by psychology and incorporated various psychological ideas and archetypes. While the characters admittedly weren't amazing, I felt they held their own against 4's cast (on a side note I should mention I am yet to play an atlus game with characters I truly love)

To be honest I'm becoming a little bored with the persona's though, the main gameplay hasn't changed enough through the series to keep me interested (the same is happening with Disgaea) so take my comments with a grain of salt. It could be that 4 is better, it was just too similar to 1,2 and 3 in my eyes for me to notice. I have a feeling that bar sweeping changes in the game system 3 will be the peak of my interest in relation to persona games. If 5 continues along the same lines re:game mechanics it will probably be my last

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)