By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Over 2 million Wii's sold in Australia.

Nintendo Australia's scouter says that the Wii has now sold through more than two million units in Australia. Achieved in just 47 months, this now officially makes the Wii the fastest selling system here, ever.

Previously the DS pocket-rocket held this achievement, although it took 52 months to hit the same mark. I'm sure the Atari Lynx is right behind it though - it's okay.

Sales likely won't be slowing anytime soon, especially with the launch of Nintendo's limited edition red Wii due this week. This bundle includes a copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports, the PAL-Australian-exclusive 25th Anniversary Super Mario Bros. (the classic NES game with slight cosmetic alterations) and a matching blood red Wii Remote Plus controller.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/24105/

Not bad, nearly 10% of the population own a Wii down under.

Around the Network
Sol said:

Nintendo Australia's scouter says that the Wii has now sold through more than two million units in Australia. Achieved in just 47 months, this now officially makes the Wii the fastest selling system here, ever.

Previously the DS pocket-rocket held this achievement, although it took 52 months to hit the same mark. I'm sure the Atari Lynx is right behind it though - it's okay.

Sales likely won't be slowing anytime soon, especially with the launch of Nintendo's limited edition red Wii due this week. This bundle includes a copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Wii Sports, the PAL-Australian-exclusive 25th Anniversary Super Mario Bros. (the classic NES game with slight cosmetic alterations) and a matching blood red Wii Remote Plus controller.

http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/news/24105/

Not bad, nearly 10% of the population own a Wii down under.

I had to look this thing up.

...huh

OT: You Aussies must be loaded. The cost of Nintendo stuff there!

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Wow thats really big for Aussie. Man the one thing that shocked me most about your post is, The Lynx was the third highest selling platform? Holy crap the Lynx was a commercial failure to my knowledge getting rocked by the GameBoy. I wonder if you know did Atari's jaguar and other later systems sell well in Aussie too?

Man Wii out pacing DS, looking at current sales World Wide its really hard to see how Wii can be on track to out do DS. But heck Australia is a great start.
This is awsome news!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

It might be the fastest to 2 mill but home many have brought one and don't play it any more cause they though it would be good.

Most of the people with a i know wii don't play it any more but the people with PS3 or 360 still play it.

Oh yea a kid at my school 360 was stolen and he is really pissed as he can't play Black Ops 2moro as he is getting one next week. If you bag him he goes really angry.

that's big

congrats to wii

Around the Network
Star-Wars-Josh9 said:

It might be the fastest to 2 mill but home many have brought one and don't play it any more cause they though it would be good.

Most of the people with a i know wii don't play it any more but the people with PS3 or 360 still play it.

Oh yea a kid at my school 360 was stolen and he is really pissed as he can't play Black Ops 2moro as he is getting one next week. If you bag him he goes really angry.

So, I suppose you're telling us the Wii is "gathering dust"?

Well this explains all those dire Cricket games.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

http://www.cnet.com.au/nintendo-sells-1-million-wii-fit-games-down-under-339304350.htm

An increase of over 200k since July.

Star-Wars-Josh9 said:

that was a little bit random and you don't know, you are not the others.