By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When does ICO get interesting?

One nice thing about conversations like this is that it lets me know who I ought to listen to when it comes to meeting my own tastes in video games

Around the Network

If you don't like it I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands. D:

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Khuutra said:

One nice thing about conversations like this is that it lets me know who I ought to listen to when it comes to meeting my own tastes in video games

nintendo. lol

Ico's an interactive fairy tale or fable.  If that doesn't interest you from the start then nothing during the game will change that.

It's built on a gaming foundation of basic combat and puzzle solving, but the lack of scores, progress or any usual scoring indications should give you a big clue that the main draw is the setting, atmosphere and the tale itself.

You might prefer SOTC as though that is also heavy on atmosphere it is more action orientated than Ico. 

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

oldschoolfool said:
Khuutra said:

nintendo. lol

I don't follow you.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
oldschoolfool said:
Khuutra said:

nintendo. lol

I don't follow you.

look at your avatar and read your post again and read my last post. lol

oldschoolfool said:
Khuutra said:

I don't follow you.

look at your avatar and read your post again and read my last post. lol

I apologize for being unclear, though I hoped that I would be understood anyway.

What I mean is that people who dislike ICO have tastes that enormously diverge from mine, and I should not listen to them about similar games.

When does ICO get boring? This game is a masterpiece. This and SOTC and the promise of a PS3 sequel are the reason I bought a PS3 back in 08. I like challenges and just going forward into the game felt like an achivement to me. The lack of HUD and all those  videogame status info seemed like a big F-U to tradion in videogames. The story is so simple but meaningful and never gets in the way of the gameplay. The visuals are, and I mean ARE, outstanding and once these beasts (ICO and SOTC) get to be released in HD they will very well challenge a lot of current PS3 and Xbox360 videogames' visuals.

The Last Guardian will destroy everything in it's path when it releases.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QP-SIW6iKY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QP-SIW6iKY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

ICO is the same throughout. I dont understand the praise this game gets. Its like a Zelda dungeon with easier puzzles and 1/10th of the enemies and no boss. And no story. The game took me like 4 1/2-5 hours to beat and thers no replay value whatsoever. Nice art direction though.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

CDiablo said:

ICO is the same throughout. I dont understand the praise this game gets. Its like a Zelda dungeon with easier puzzles and 1/10th of the enemies and no boss. And no story. The game took me like 4 1/2-5 hours to beat and thers no replay value whatsoever.

^My thoughts exactly. lol