By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - A very heavy contender for greatest anime of all time!

Kamal said:
akuseru said:

I loved it... at the beginning. but it dragged on way too long.

but yea, inspector lunge is awesome!! dokuta tenma.... ka...

Looks like I'll have to change my avatar to Lunge now >.<

You should. Lunge is awesome. You're really gonna love him later on.

Also, I loved the ending.

Around the Network
Mirson said:
outlawauron said:
Mirson said:

Wow Kamal....I am impressed. I thought you were going to name some terrible anime like Toradora, Gurran Lagann, Melancholy of Haruhi, etc. Okay, if you haven't noticed, I hate anime. I want to like it, but I find a lot of them awful. Monster is one of the few I enjoyed. I also enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note.

I can't quite place this. You list all very popular shows with very high 'critic reviews' but I find hate for the ones you like much more common (speaking of FMA and Death Note). Interesting.

I think you find the hate for the ones I like more common because they're mainstream. Both of those got aired on Adult Swim, and you can find some of their products in Hot Topic, etc. I don't remember seeing any merchandise from the ones I don't like in the mall. Same goes for a TV airing. I had to watch those online. I stopped watching Gurran Lagann after ep. 3.

Part of it is the newness of the other shows. Toradora got licensed earlier this year and is very much a 'critical success' more than a commerical success in the States.

Although, quitting Gurren Lagaan at episode 3. Kinda humorous to hate a show after seeing so little. Certainly not enough to claim that it's completely terrible. (at least imo)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

Although, quitting Gurren Lagaan at episode 3. Kinda humorous to hate a show after seeing so little. Certainly not enough to claim that it's completely terrible. (at least imo)

he is an anti-spiral ;)

that said for me it's parodic over-the-top-ness was a bit too much  - I enjoyed it and it's moments of brilliance, but I wouldn't watch it a second time heh

outlawauron said:
Mirson said:
outlawauron said:
Mirson said:

Wow Kamal....I am impressed. I thought you were going to name some terrible anime like Toradora, Gurran Lagann, Melancholy of Haruhi, etc. Okay, if you haven't noticed, I hate anime. I want to like it, but I find a lot of them awful. Monster is one of the few I enjoyed. I also enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note.

I can't quite place this. You list all very popular shows with very high 'critic reviews' but I find hate for the ones you like much more common (speaking of FMA and Death Note). Interesting.

I think you find the hate for the ones I like more common because they're mainstream. Both of those got aired on Adult Swim, and you can find some of their products in Hot Topic, etc. I don't remember seeing any merchandise from the ones I don't like in the mall. Same goes for a TV airing. I had to watch those online. I stopped watching Gurran Lagann after ep. 3.

Part of it is the newness of the other shows. Toradora got licensed earlier this year and is very much a 'critical success' more than a commerical success in the States.

I disliked the characters, especially the two boys, and I didn't find the little story I saw interesting. But I'll give it some credit; it's better than the first season of Haruhi Suzumiya. I don't know how I managed to watch the entire season.

I'd give it another shot. It's better than you're making it out to be. If you can make it through episode 15 (right below the time skip I believe) and still not like it, I don't think you ever will.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.