By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GamesRadar: Kinect - The day-one verdict

deleted by administrator

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

.... Accessibility is all about jumping right in and it working with intuitivity. Move and Wii were designed to be intuitive. Kinect was designed to be Intuitive, but it also sounds like in some cases you need to train yourself to fit the game's requirement. That's not intuitive.

Here's what I think. As a an elite gaming crowd item. FAIL. As a new form of simple interface for simpler games. I think it will end up working. Will it work for MS with the 360... I have my doubts. I don't think it will be a failure in sales, but in moving the industry it won't have much of an impact. Though I'm sure next gen may see some of the simpler gestures included into future.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:

.... Accessibility is all about jumping right in and it working with intuitivity. Move and Wii were designed to be intuitive. Kinect was designed to be Intuitive, but it also sounds like in some cases you need to train yourself to fit the game's requirement. That's not intuitive.

Here's what I think. As a an elite gaming crowd item. FAIL. As a new form of simple interface for simpler games. I think it will end up working. Will it work for MS with the 360... I have my doubts. I don't think it will be a failure in sales, but in moving the industry it won't have much of an impact. Though I'm sure next gen may see some of the simpler gestures included into future.

Actually I think they were talking more about non game control.  Specifically they talked about how to pause and restart a game.  MS has made it so that you cant accidentally pause and restart by having to hold you hand in a given position for a few seconds before the software really registers that you want to pause or restart.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

I don't think most of the software at launch really fits the device.  I think the hardware has potential to expand the possibility of the different kinds of games that can be made, but I think the only software at launch that really fit will be the exercise and dance games.

gergroy said:

I don't think most of the software at launch really fits the device.  I think the hardware has potential to expand the possibility of the different kinds of games that can be made, but I think the only software at launch that really fit will be the exercise and dance games.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Around the Network

Doesn't sound good for a first review...

I'd like to shout something like "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!" but at the same time I feel a bit sad, gaming wise. Will be successfull sales wise though, no doubt about it. And I'm really looking forward to try it by myself.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

sells wise i'm thinking Move and nothing more

Bokal said:

I'd like to shout something like "I TOLD YOU SO!!!!" but at the same time I feel a bit sad, gaming wise. Will be successfull sales wise though, no doubt about it. And I'm really looking forward to try it by myself.

I wouldn't call it a review tho, more like a detailed hands-on article. And it's still one one day and only with the initial games.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Its launch games. No surprises here. We've seen what Move has to offer at launch. We saw what this gen had at launch for the consoles. Launches are always lackluster and what comes out in the next 6-12 months will make or break Kinect.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Bokal said:

I wouldn't call it a review tho, more like a detailed hands-on article. And it's still one one day and only with the initial games.

You're totally right. Let's wait for more games.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts