By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

I had a difficult time placing this game. Perhaps if I'd played it more recently it'd rank much higher. I thought the third installment of this series was its best. Rarely are certain scenes as memorable in games as some (one, in particular) were in this game. The music was beautiful, the setting was refreshing, characters were memorable, voice acting was great, the script was at its best throughout the series, the controls were are also refreshing, some of the new game mechanics were fantastic... I think I may be putting this one further up the list in the near future. I really should play it again.

Around the Network

40. No More Heroes

No More Heroes is up next, the game follows Travis Touchdown as he tries to become the number one ranked assassin in the United Assassins Association by killing those ranked above him, mainly to impress the mysterious Sylvia, whom Travis wants to get 'friendly' with. I really enjoyed this game, despite it's flaws. It was also my first Suda 51 game, and it was certainly a refreshing experience to see his 'different' ideas for the first time, such as saving the game by using the bathroom, or charging up your beam katana in an ever so slightly dodgy manner...

VGChartz

@Darth. I can try to guess which one is your No.1 PSP game but I'm 100% sure yet but I know that it's a Square Enix game. And you put Crash Bandicoot 3 too low!!!!! lolz jks

@pearljammer: I see I'm not the only catching up :)

#42: Super Smash Bros. Melee: My first Smash game. 4 Player Madness, tons of Nintendo characters, a simple control scheme but so much depth hidden underneath. I had problems placing this one because although I got to know the Smash formula with this game, I have a strong preference for it's sequel. Nevertheless, this is a game I spent many hours playing with family and friends and it deserves a place on my Top 50.

Signature goes here!

#41: Tekken 3 (PS): It should be obvious to everyone by now... I like fighters... a lot. I was introduced to the Tekken franchise by a demo of Tekken 2 on disc that came with my PS. Tekken 3 is a remarkable entry in the franchise it introduced us to some new fighters that became part of my mains (Jin Kazama and Ling Xiaou), the pace was much faster, the endings were funny and somehow I could play 100 matches without ever getting bored.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

No. 40: Heavy Rain (PS3)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/7703/heavy-rain/

Having played Farenheit/Indigo Prophecy before, I was really looking forward to this game and it surpassed it's spiritual predecessor in every way. The story was engrossing, the characters entertaining and was overall a top experience. It's not without faults, as the story has a few plot holes and considerring how your actions manipulate the story, I was hoping that the killer would change with your actions. However, it's still an entertaining adventure game that does something different in an HD market filled with multiplayer focused shooters.

TruckOSaurus said:

@pearljammer: I see I'm not the only catching up :)

#42: Super Smash Bros. Melee: My first Smash game. 4 Player Madness, tons of Nintendo characters, a simple control scheme but so much depth hidden underneath. I had problems placing this one because although I got to know the Smash formula with this game, I have a strong preference for it's sequel. Nevertheless, this is a game I spent many hours playing with family and friends and it deserves a place on my Top 50.

Who was your main?

Well, it is Monday in GMT, so I'll keep going-

40. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (PS2). I... just wow. It was the first game outside the series that introduced me to Atlus, and it was the game that cemented my love for the company. And how it made me claw for more...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

TruckOSaurus said:

#44. Resident Evil 5:The love it or hate Resident Evil. Well for me it fell into the love it category. Although, it's not as good as RE4, this game continues to use the control scheme that revolutionized RE games. The co-op is incredible when you're playing with someone else (the AI can be a pain sometimes but it's nothing terrible). The story is interesting and the vilain is my personal RE favorite Wesker. One flaw that I have to mention about this game though, the horrible, bang-your-head-against-the-wall inventory system that made me shout profanities at my screen so often but with plenty of hectic fights where you're praying for the enemies to stop coming at you and incredible boss fights against constantly larger BOWs you've got yourself a thrilling heartpounding game.

Biohazard 5 (RE5) is a grate Action Game I love Vs Mode and mercenary's mode. but there was no horror at all and to me it the story had less of a Japanese influence then ever before.

lets hope the reboot brings back the horror    

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

turtuls said:

I need to remember this on the weekends.

42. Metal Slug X (arcade)

I never forget going out to dinner at my local Chuey's. I will always remember 3 thing from that place. It was always damn loud, you got oreos with your meal, and in the back they had awesome arcade games I could spend hours playing. The best one they had though was Metal Slug X. Damn. My sister and I could play that till our 2 dollars were gone (though see liked the claw machine (hell she was good too she once got 2 stuffed animals in 1 try.)) Even playing this game with total strangers was kick ass. Negociating who get rockets and who gets the lazer is fun aswell as accidently taking it and being yelled at. Every arcade no matter how small or big needs to have a metal slug game in it and since this is the only one I throughly played, this one makes it on the list. :)

Metal Slug X is awesome SNK games were awesome back then I wish that SNK Playmore would get back to what made SNK Awesome.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku