By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

Ninpanda said:

I personally thought that Sonic 3 had a more memorable soundtrack than Sonic 1. I'm probably the odd man out, though.

No, I agree with you. Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles had the best music IMO, with 3 trailing and 1 trailing even further.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Number 47

God of War III

God of War III is about as extreme as it gets in a lot of ways. Blood, violence, hubris, boobs - it's kind of the ultimate expression of the adolescent male power fantasy. And you know what? That's great. It's a towering spectacle of Babylonian proportions built on the rock solid foundation of easy-to-grasp core gameplay mechanics, beautiful visuals, bombastic music - basically everything you need in order to make the game into a spectacle rather than just a showcase of violence. Its combat mechanics aren't the deepest in the business, but no other game feels so meaty, so crunchy, with every button press resulting in the destruction of the world around you. God of War III is a game that can make you feel legitimately empowered, and that's as high as praise gets for a game like this one.

Only God of War game I haven't got. Should finally be getting it tomorrow. Thanks for the preview ;)

Scoobes said:

Only God of War game I haven't got. Should finally be getting it tomorrow. Thanks for the preview ;)

It's the best one in the series!

Khuutra said:
Scoobes said:

It's the best one in the series!

Shame I'm playing it after this list then, lol. I had God of War 2 in the list instead :P

OutlawAuron so far has God of War II, Assassin's Creed II, and Bioshock 2 in his top 50...

Which sequel will be next?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Number 47

God of War III

God of War III is about as extreme as it gets in a lot of ways. Blood, violence, hubris, boobs - it's kind of the ultimate expression of the adolescent male power fantasy. And you know what? That's great. It's a towering spectacle of Babylonian proportions built on the rock solid foundation of easy-to-grasp core gameplay mechanics, beautiful visuals, bombastic music - basically everything you need in order to make the game into a spectacle rather than just a showcase of violence. Its combat mechanics aren't the deepest in the business, but no other game feels so meaty, so crunchy, with every button press resulting in the destruction of the world around you. God of War III is a game that can make you feel legitimately empowered, and that's as high as praise gets for a game like this one.

Good choice. It's the best GoW IMO. But I have all 5 on my list

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Smeags said:

OutlawAuron so far has God of War II, Assassin's Creed II, and Bioshock 2 in his top 50...

I just wonder if it will be a non last gen sequel.

Smeags said:

Just dance 2! Doesn't fit in with his other choices, but it has a 2 on the end. :)

47. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

One of the most epic (in it's literal meaning) game I have ever played, Ocarina of Time was audacious and memorable. My young age is what prevented me from loving the game even more. I barely played it myself but I've seen people playing it a lot. Some parts of the game were so scary! I think I would have enjoyed the game a little more if I would have been a little older. The best soundtrack in a video game hands down.

Ninpanda said:
Carl2291 said:
Heat said:

48. Crash Twinsanity (PS2) -

I absolutely LOVED that game!

It had some excellent music too!

(Hey kids, it's time for Ninpanda's useless knowledge. Yay...)

Anyhow, did ya know, that all of the music in Crash Twinsanity was done a cappella? 

Impressive pieces of music, fellas!

I never played that Crash, never been quite fond of it, but wow, that soundtrack is something very special!