By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

@ninpanda

lol I also watched my dad play Tomb Raider and other violent-ish games when I was 6

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

47. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)

The highest rated game of this generation is next up on my list...

Don't kid yourself.

On a side note, since we're talking about how Michael Jackson worte the Sonic 3 soundtrack, it his compositions were definitely the weakest of the three games. Not in the least bit memorable.

CrankyStroming said:
milkyjoe said:

Don't kid yourself.

On a side note, since we're talking about how Michael Jackson worte the Sonic 3 soundtrack, it his compositions were definitely the weakest of the three games. Not in the least bit memorable.

these meta-wars are a bit silly.

But it is on meta

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all?sort=desc

GTA4 is ranked higher... I don't really like either game that much as niether really came close to making my list... so there bearing on that site has nothing to do with how i feel about either of those games.

I'm changing as I go. And will most liekly end up with too many good games at the start. It took thebest part of the first movie. Made a great sense of speed. And had light... albeight very light sim rpg elements (upgrading engine steering etc with credit). The game was fast... and the tracks were pretty. Pretty much my favorite style of racer. Yes I even liked it better than the F-Zero's and certain wipeouts. partially due to the star wars license which is, in fact much more entertaining to be sebulba than anyone from wipeout or f-zero. There's a set of wipeots I liked better but it's coming up.

ishiki said:

I'm changing as I go. And will most liekly end up with too many good games at the start. It took thebest part of the first movie. Made a great sense of speed. And had light... albeight very light sim rpg elements (upgrading engine steering etc with credit). The game was fast... and the tracks were pretty. Pretty much my favorite style of racer. Yes I even liked it better than the F-Zero's and certain wipeouts. partially due to the star wars license which is, in fact much more entertaining to be sebulba than anyone from wipeout or f-zero. There's a set of wipeots I liked better but it's coming up.

YES!!!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Ninpanda said:
Carl2291 said:
Heat said:

48. Crash Twinsanity (PS2) - I know what you're thinking and I wouldn't blame you now if you thought I knew nothing about games. But this non-Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot effort actually surprised me. The gameplay was as sharp as the first three Crash games, the graphics were good and the story was half decent for a Crash game - it was kind of epic in a weird sort of way. The fact that Cortex and Crash had to work along side eachother gave the game charm and the result was hilarious. It put them both in exciting situation that you would have never expected Crash to be in from the series' first three games, and this created exciting (although sometimes frustrating) gameplay. Damn whatever the cristics said about this, if you don't believe me that this is a very good platformer then try it out for yourself, you may just be surprised that it's not just an average cash-in of the good Crash name.   8.4/10

I absolutely LOVED that game!

It had some excellent music too!

(Hey kids, it's time for Ninpanda's useless knowledge. Yay...)

Anyhow, did ya know, that all of the music in Crash Twinsanity was done a cappella? It's quite impressive, that they can create something like this, using just their own voices, even if most of it is probably electronically enhanced...

Also, I liked Twinsanity as well. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, that it's the best Crash Bandicoot game NOT made by Naughty Dog. (Which isn't really saying much, but it's still good fun nonetheless.)

Wow, and I thought I'd be the only one here to play that game, let alone like it! I'm sooo glad at least two people agree with me! I agree that it was the best crash not made by Naughty Dog, and I'd actually go on to say that it's the 3rd best in the whole series (behind the two that are coming up on my list).

I actually forgot about the music, yeah it was really impressive, although sometimes got annoying when you had to restart a checkpoint a million times because the game was actually really challenging at times.

CrankyStroming said:
milkyjoe said:

Don't kid yourself.

Ha, my tongue was firmly planted in my cheek there...

VGChartz

ishiki said:

Great choice!  I had it on N64 and loved the arcade version as well.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

CrankyStroming said:

I personally thought that Sonic 3 had a more memorable soundtrack than Sonic 1. I'm probably the odd man out, though.

Number 47

God of War III

God of War III is about as extreme as it gets in a lot of ways. Blood, violence, hubris, boobs - it's kind of the ultimate expression of the adolescent male power fantasy. And you know what? That's great. It's a towering spectacle of Babylonian proportions built on the rock solid foundation of easy-to-grasp core gameplay mechanics, beautiful visuals, bombastic music - basically everything you need in order to make the game into a spectacle rather than just a showcase of violence. Its combat mechanics aren't the deepest in the business, but no other game feels so meaty, so crunchy, with every button press resulting in the destruction of the world around you. God of War III is a game that can make you feel legitimately empowered, and that's as high as praise gets for a game like this one.