By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

darthdevidem01 said:

I agree

Only played it at a friends house....but whenever we played it there it was so much fun

the ice map was cool!

Are you talking about about the one with the Jeep in it? Because that map is in Future Perfect.

My favorite map was the army base one, perfect for Team battles.

And I Looooove Virus mode. So much fun!

You, 3 friends, and a whole 'buncha bots. Perfection right there.

Around the Network

48. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (N64)

I love this game because the moment you pick up the controller, you are a superstar skater. I was never much of a skater, but back in the late 90's (especially in my years living in Orange County, California) everyone wanted to shred (even if they couldn't). Things like grinding, ollies, kickflips, the fabled 900... those were on the tongues of everyone around, and everyone wanted to be part of the skating action. And then Tony Hawk's Pro Staker came out, and it blew everyone's mind. Now anyone could be the greatest skater ever, and have a blast doing it. Finding all of the secrets, playing HORSE, going for that insane combo in Area 51... those were the simple pleasures of life. Tony Hawk's Pro Staker made me feel like I could do anything in the skating world, and I had a blast doing so.

Smeags said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I agree

Only played it at a friends house....but whenever we played it there it was so much fun

the ice map was cool!

Are you talking about about the one with the Jeep in it? Because that map is in Future Perfect.

My favorite map was the army base one, perfect for Team battles.

And I Looooove Virus mode. So much fun!

You, 3 friends, and a whole 'buncha bots. Perfection right there.

Yeah maybe I mean that one

Its the one where there's a level on a  moving train and one in a haunted mansion with a zombie tree thingy (i think)

It was some timesplitters game though!!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:

Its the one where there's a level on a  moving train and one in a haunted mansion with a zombie tree thingy (i think)

Hrm... well as far as I know I think you're talking about Future Perfect haha.

The moving train (1960's) and the Haunted Mansion (1990's) were awesome levels though, even though they were in a different game.

My favorite was Siberia (1990's), because it takes an awesome turn to the awesome when mutants arrive.

Smeags said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Hrm... well as far as I know I think you're talking about Future Perfect haha.

The moving train (1960's) and the Haunted Mansion (1990's) were awesome levels though, even though they were in a different game.

My favorite was Siberia (1990's), because it takes an awesome turn to the awesome when mutants arrive.

Yeah is Future Perfect Timesplitters 3?

Did you like that one?

I can't really remember siberia....but is that the one in like the sand city that to me seemed like Tatooine?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Yeah is Future Perfect Timesplitters 3?

Did you like that one?

1. Yep

darthdevidem01 said:
pearljammer said:

TimeSplitters 2

To this day, this game remains my favourite local-multiplayer FPS experience. It had both great maps and great weapons. My roomates and I in university spent far more hours than we should have on this game; it just simply never grew tiresome. The reason it places so low on my list is not due to its multiplayer merits but due to its comparatively lackluster singleplayer.

I really, really hate those damn monkeys, though.

I agree

the ice map was cool!

Nvm. Smeags cleared this up for us.

@Smeags: It is a shame what had progressed with Free Radical. Hopefully they make something of themselves again. And not taking itself seriously, I agree, was one of the most alluring parts of the game.

@Darth and PearlJammer

I don't know if you remember, but in the Siberia level there's a hidden game that allows you to play Anaconda. It was immesurably fun. So much so that a friend of mine put it above the actual TimeSplitters 2 game in his top 50 list.

I still shake my head to this day.

Smeags said:

@Darth and PearlJammer

I don't know if you remember, but in the Siberia level there's a hidden game that allows you to play Anaconda. It was immesurably fun. So much so that a friend of mine put it above the actual TimeSplitters 2 game in his top 50 list.

I still shake my head to this day.

I do not remember that. I wish that I still had my copy, though. I'll have to look it up on youtube to see if it refreshes my memory.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked it up and instantly remembered it after hearing the first few notes. Fun, yes and addicting. Better than TS2? Hell no!

I'm online, it's gone midnight, I might as well post my next game...

47. Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)

The highest rated game of this generation is next up on my list (but is it the last game from this gen in my list? Well, you'll just have to wait and see!), and despite the cries of it being vastly overrated, it's still an incredibly good game. Rockstar created a living, breathing city and I'm sure that despite playing the game through a couple of times, there will be areas of the map I've never seen. The missions got a little repetitive, and the lack of mid-mission checkpoints was frustrating at times, but I still really enjoyed the game. I've also only got to find two more of those damn pigeons...

VGChartz