By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Top 50 Games: Discussion Thread!

darthdevidem01 said:

My one will only be that big for the said game in question being revealed on the given day, I will use khuutra's strategy for every other game except the one being revealed on the day.

Don't shorten your posts because of my one...no wonder Dinosaurs went extinct!!! looooooool

I didn't shorten my post here but I intend to keep my list in the other thread at just the games.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

So... I added a new rule:

Try to include the hardware that you played your game on in your list. Example: Ninjabread Man (Wii). Some games are easier to identify than others, but games like Truck's Max Payne is tough to decipher.

Also... Darth... read rule #7. Try to use only one image per game... and take it easy on the descriptions will ya? We're not trying to break the site guys.

# Title played on
50 Pirates! Gold                                                          box info screens video  PC (MS-DOS)

49. ActRaiser - SNES

Sure, developing a city for your people to live in is incredibly satisfying, but the real reason, why ActRaiser is so great is... Well, you're God. And you. Kick. Ass! Even if you're an atheist, you gotta admit, that's pretty bad-ass.

And the soundtrack? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, that it's one of the best of all time. Take a listen for yourself, if you don't believe me.

Ninpanda said:

49. ActRaiser - SNES

Sure, developing a city for your people to live in is incredibly satisfying, but the real reason, why ActRaiser is so great is... Well, you're God. And you. Kick. Ass! Even if you're an atheist, you gotta admit, that's pretty bad-ass.

And the soundtrack? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, that it's one of the best of all time. Take a liste for yourself, if you don't believe me.

You and your European Shananagens.

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

I didn't realise we'd be posting them in here as well... So...

50. Mario Kart Wii.

Loved by many, hated by some, Mario Kart Wii gets a place on my list because I still regularly play it over two and a half years since it's release. It brought online multiplayer to the series on home consoles, where people who thought they were a God at MK suddenly realised that some 14 year old in Japan could murder them blindfolded...

What did you think of battle mode?

pacman91 said:
milkyjoe said:

I didn't realise we'd be posting them in here as well... So...

50. Mario Kart Wii.

Loved by many, hated by some, Mario Kart Wii gets a place on my list because I still regularly play it over two and a half years since it's release. It brought online multiplayer to the series on home consoles, where people who thought they were a God at MK suddenly realised that some 14 year old in Japan could murder them blindfolded...

What did you think of battle mode?

TBH I've never really played battle mode on any MK. It's always been about the actual races with me and my friends...

VGChartz

Smeags said:

So... I added a new rule:

Try to include the hardware that you played your game on in your list. Example: Ninjabread Man (Wii). Some games are easier to identify than others, but games like Truck's Max Payne is tough to decipher.

What are you talking about it's clearly indicated next the the game title!

Signature goes here!

Ninpanda said:

49. ActRaiser - SNES

And the soundtrack? I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, that it's one of the best of all time. Take a listen for yourself, if you don't believe me.

This game sounds awesome. May have to have a look on VC.

49. Lylat Wars (aka Star Fox 64)

Lylat Wars is next up on my list. Basically, you're tasked with taking down the evil Andross and his minions with your Arwing (plus other vehicles on specific levels). Successful completion of certain tasks in each level opens up different pathways to completing the game, and you could only see the games proper ending if you finished the game in a certain way. It was also the first N64 game to support the Rumble Pak. Oh, and there was a toad who was almost as annoying as Jar Jar Binks.

VGChartz