Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN : Top 10 Most ANTICIPATED 3DS Games

jarrod said:
NYANKS said:
BengaBenga said:
NYANKS said:
KungKras said:
NYANKS said:
jarrod said:

FFVII 3DS might happen, but not before FFV/VI on 3DS.

Not that I could blame them (and not that I wouldn't expect it on the PSP2 too), but that would just suck for the millions who wanted a console version.  No offense to handhelds, but really. Ignoring so many people, so many fan requests....

Maybe just another prequel? lol  I'm sure they can find another way to whore out FF7 haha.   

Considering that they said that an HD remake was far too expanesive and time-consuming to ever be made, would this long sought after remake in full 3D (albeit on a handheld) not be good enough for most fans?

I don't think so, tbh.  We'll see when it comes out lol.

Resident Evil Revelations shows that the 3DS has pretty good graphics. Combined with the 3D aspect a FFVII remake on 3DS could be awesome.

But I play my DS more than 360 and Wii combined, so maybe I'm biased towards handhelds nowadays.

I just feel like it's too big a title to be relegated to a handheld.  Think of how much more fanfare Peacewalker would have received if it was on PS3.  This is even bigger than that.  People want the ultimate experience for this game, and I kind of feel like a console is best suited for it.  Just my opinion though.  :)

Thing is, handhelds have always been the home for FF remakes (FF1-2 WSC, FF3-4 DS).  We've never actually had one on a console (though we've had ports of them occasionally)... is millions are expecting a console remake, they're just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Maybe, but but can you please curse out SE for teasing us with that damn PS3 tech demo?  You can't blame people for hoping after that very mean thing that SE did lol.  And also, this would be the first 3d remake correct?  Perhaps that's a different beast, I'm sure the PSP2 would have to get consideration for that too.  Do you see a lot of multiplats between the consoles?  I think a good amount might happen...

Around the Network
NYANKS said:

Maybe, but but can you please curse out SE for teasing us with that damn PS3 tech demo?  You can't blame people for hoping after that very mean thing that SE did lol.  And also, this would be the first 3d remake correct?  Perhaps that's a different beast, I'm sure the PSP2 would have to get consideration for that too.  Do you see a lot of multiplats between the consoles?  I think a good amount might happen...

You have a point there; if they're not going to create something FFVII related on the PS3, they shouldn't be showing FFVII related in a promo video because it does create such expectations.

Veder Juda is hand crafted from EPIC FAIL, and is a 96% certified Looney; the other 4% is a work in progress.

Veder Juda said:
NYANKS said:

You have a point there; if they're not going to create something FFVII related on the PS3, they shouldn't be showing FFVII related in a promo video because it does create such expectations.

But Square also made a PS2 demo of FFVIII, and nothing happened from there. So to expect something from this is to forget that past thing.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Veder Juda said:
NYANKS said:

But Square also made a PS2 demo of FFVIII, and nothing happened from there. So to expect something from this is to forget that past thing.

Perhaps.  All I'm saying is that for most people who care a handheld is not the desired system.  I'm sure any poll would verify this.

NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Veder Juda said:
NYANKS said:

Perhaps.  All I'm saying is that for most people who care a handheld is not the desired system.  I'm sure any poll would verify this.

Well who says both can't happen? RE got a remake in the GC, but afterwards still got a port on the DS.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Veder Juda said:
NYANKS said:

Well who says both can't happen? RE got a remake in the GC, but afterwards still got a port on the DS.

You mean the DS got a port of the original right? Well if they want to make two new different versions of FF7 that's fine, I just figured they wouldn't wanna do that lol.  If you mean just porting the original to handhelds, the PSP already has that. :(

NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Veder Juda said:
NYANKS said:

You mean the DS got a port of the original right? Well if they want to make two new different versions of FF7 that's fine, I just figured they wouldn't wanna do that lol.  If you mean just porting the original to handhelds, the PSP already has that. :(

More systems means more money. Duh.

LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Veder Juda said:
NYANKS said:

True, but I don't see FF XIII on the DS.  Sometimes devs don't whore out their games to every system for the hell of it, especially when the handheld versions are often shit, gimped, or a completely different experience. 

I LOVE the Mario Kart series. Double Dash got me out of the "casual" once-a-week to daily gaming, and Mario Kart Wii is my favorite game this generation.

With that said, why is Mario Kart 3DS number 1? Paper Mario looks so much more fresh, and there are a few other games that should go ahead of the kart-racer (Ocarina of Time, Phoenix vs Layton, ect)

NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
NYANKS said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Veder Juda said:
NYANKS said:

True, but I don't see FF XIII on the DS.  Sometimes devs don't whore out their games to every system for the hell of it, especially when the handheld versions are often shit, gimped, or a completely different experience. 

How would that be whoring out? PSN DS would be porting to two systems, which would not be whoring out in any way.