By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Examiner: PS3: 41.6 Million, 360: 44.1 Million; 2010: PS3 2.3 Million Ahead

kivi95 said:

So vgchartz still have wrong numbers for ps3.

you really want to have the exact sales data for a console? try tracking it., and come back with a better, more precise result.

i cant complain about VGC's numbers, they ARE very accurate.. and who cares if its 40, or 41 million.. thats kinda a 2,x% difference, and i am pretty fine with it., and VGC gives us pretty good numbers every damn week, i think people should be more thankful for having the VGC Staff tracking sales at all.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Crystalchild said:
kivi95 said:

i think people should be more thankful for having the VGC Staff tracking sales at al

Bingo. There was a time when I had little interest in the numbers. Of late, however, they're becoming more and more interesting (particularly after the revised models for the PS3 & 360). I can appreciate what the staff here has been able to achieve.

Most people that have issue with VGC numbers are not long time users.

By the same token, some long time users tend to be pretty quick to defend the numbers as being infallible, which just isn't the case. They are estimates based upon the best available information to the site admins, subject to corrections, which do happen, but are still well within a reasonable margin of error.

While I can understand the leeway some users are willing to give VGC numbers (particularly when using them to formulate or support an argument), they are subject to increasing scrutiny as VGC has grown from what was initially a well-conceived fan sales tracking site into a full blown business that is increasingly quoted and used by the industry. That means VGC has to be held to higher standards to build and maintain its reputation. And that's not a bad thing.

Crystalchild said:
kivi95 said:

you really want to have the exact sales data for a console? try tracking it., and come back with a better, more precise result.

i cant complain about VGC's numbers, they ARE very accurate.. and who cares if its 40, or 41 million.. thats kinda a 2,x% difference, and i am pretty fine with it., and VGC gives us pretty good numbers every damn week, i think people should be more thankful for having the VGC Staff tracking sales at all.

i think vgc should thank us for checking their numbers.  because we come to this site and check what theyre numbers are, they get money from advertisers.  vgc is a business, we dont thank them, they thank us.

if googles search engine didnt give us relevant search results, we wouldnt use it and they would loose a lot of money.  this is the same as vgc, if they arent accurate, or atleast close to accurate, people wouldnt use them and they would loose a lot of money.

You need a tissue

cory.ok said:
Crystalchild said:
kivi95 said:

i think vgc should thank us for checking their numbers.  because we come to this site and check what theyre numbers are, they get money from advertisers.  vgc is a business, we dont thank them, they thank us.

if googles search engine didnt give us relevant search results, we wouldnt use it and they would loose a lot of money.  this is the same as vgc, if they arent accurate, or atleast close to accurate, people wouldnt use them and they would loose a lot of money.

Since we dont pay for getting the numbers for every game out there, i still am thankful. and i am not that sure that they get the money from Users, but the Industry itself. (But well, my knowledge about selling information is close to 0 when i think about it..)

but whatever, for me, VGC's Numbers are a great thing i really apreciate. and aslong as i can see if a game was a success or a financial desaster by the numbers, i am happy with it.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!