Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has the best 1st party devs this gen

Who has the best 1st party devs this gen

SONY World Wide Studios 184 59.16%

Nintendo 117 37.62%

Microsoft 10 3.22%

Total:311
CGI-Quality said:
freebs2 said:

I don't know exactly how many there are but you sure have forgotten some studios on Nintendo, like Kamelot, Intelligent Systems, Brownie Brown and GameFreak. And yes you also forgot Insomiac and Quantic Dream on sony's side as gurglesletch says and also sucker punch.

Those aren't Sony 1st Party.

Ah, ok...I thought they were

Around the Network

nintendo made 2 of the 3 highest rated games ever this gen

so I personally think nintendo has the best first party devs

-

Sony...but Santa Monica Studios didn't develop Warhawk...they only helped Incognito Entertainment...they deserve the credit. They were a sub-studio of SCE Santa Monica (Kinda like Insomniac's NC studio)... 

I don't see any contest here,

Nintendo>>Sony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Microsoft

Nintendo has the more well-known franchises and have definately had one of their better generations when it comes to first party games (FE, Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Kirby, Mario Kart, Wii series, Level-5 etc.)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

By the way, you forgot about Intelligent Systems. (Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem, etc...)

Around the Network

intelligent system is first party devs, and so is brownie brown and monolith soft

-

It seems like there's undue emphasis on the importance of first-party developers here.  Why should anyone care if Microsoft pays third-parties for more exclusives instead of owning the developer?

Fumanchu said:

It seems like there's undue emphasis on the importance of first-party developers here.  Why should anyone care if Microsoft pays third-parties for more exclusives instead of owning the developer?

sure if your happy with timed exclusives and a bunch of timed DLC's......

OT: Sony all the way.

God of war, Uncharted, Infamous ,KZ2 and 3, twisted metal etc etc.

This gen, Sony for sure.

You can't only look at the potential these studios have. There's only a couple of Nintendo studios that delivered on the Wii (so far).

I would say Sony...Not only do they consistently release some amazing games...they have also been consistently supporting new ideas...and to me...That is Far more important than having old franchises that just rehash the same things over and over for the fans of that particular series.(Not a dig at another company, just saying I would like the former more than the latter)

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...