By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Apple to aquire Sony? Oh please dont make me puke!!!

Just to say. Where in the blue hell is the warid proof of this? Bout people going on like its pure fact and everything. Just make me tell you this one time, me nah bother bout none of these "rumors" unless the is proof but where is it?

Just one stinking person on the interweb saying that Apple could possibly purchase Sony in the future. Ok so if me say that M$ may purchase EA in the future does that make it a rumor?

Hell no its makes one stinkmout person chatting pure bubble assuming it could happen because one of the companies has got money to waist.

Discuss.......

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Yeah i call shennanigans this is one of those stupid rumors that are started when their is nothing better to talk about.

well Apple does have 51 billion dollars they have made from there huge iphone/pod network which gives them billions of profit a mouth. And remember while Sony is a big corperation, Apple only has to invest in enough shares to do an take over bid and 51 billion is certainly enough. 

besides thos who are worrying or stuff, even if Apple was to buy Sony they wouldn't change the name of Sony to apple but merge there networks together. Sonys monster production network would start producing apple goods, sony's and apples uber talented R&D teams would work together and Sony will pull out of there failed phone venture and focus more on TV's, consumer electronics and video game consoles. 

this is just a rumour but who knows, Apple might jump into the Electronics industry with an big player or an small one.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

They cleared up how silly this idea was in the comment section.

I would hate to see this rumour turn out true. I don't very much like Sony or Apple but if they combined it would be an unbeatable force. Imagine how fast Apple could take out Microsoft and then even challenge Nintendo. Right now the big three can compete with one another but if Apple were to purchase Sony neither Nintendo nor Microsoft could hold their ground.

An acquisition would be the worst thing to happen to gaming since the crash in the 80's if not worse. Please Apple if you wanna enter the industry make your own studios and build your own platform don't aquire one of the big three. The question is would Sony sell? I know when Microsoft tried aquiring Nintendo, Iwata pretty much told them to go to hell. I hope Sony does the exact same thing if Apple tries, but could Apple succeed in a hostile take over?

I'm worried but then again this is just a rumour, it would be almost as bad for Apple to take over Disney. Though I wouldn't mind them taking over EAGames they wouldn't crash the game industry or the cartoon industry!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Why are people so shocked?  That's what big corporations do.  They acquire other companies to become even bigger.  It happens all the time.  Just within the last few years we've seen Bank of America acquiring Merrill Lynch, Disney acquiring Pixar and Marvel, Google acquirng Youtube, Allscripts acquiring Eclipsys.  The list goes on and go.  And Apple is bigger than all of those companies in total asset.  

mchaza said:

well Apple does have 51 billion dollars they have made from there huge iphone/pod network which gives them billions of profit a mouth. And remember while Sony is a big corperation, Apple only has to invest in enough shares to do an take over bid and 51 billion is certainly enough. 

besides thos who are worrying or stuff, even if Apple was to buy Sony they wouldn't change the name of Sony to apple but merge there networks together. Sonys monster production network would start producing apple goods, sony's and apples uber talented R&D teams would work together and Sony will pull out of there failed phone venture and focus more on TV's, consumer electronics and video game consoles. 

this is just a rumour but who knows, Apple might jump into the Electronics industry with an big player or an small one.

failed phone venture? Since when was sony ericsson a failure?

mM

LOL!!!

There isn't a proof at all....

It isn't even a rumor its speculation by some one on what ever site that was....

its like this..

"MS to purchase a new studio"

random dude1: "It could be Naughty dog"

random dude2:"OMG randomdude1 said it could be naughty dog!!!!"

random dude 3:"OMG!!!!*creats a article MS to buy naughty dog.*"

and thus a  mere speculation turned into a stupid rumor has become virale

This is NOT true.  Why would Sony has diverse interests and Apple would have to take too much of what they would consider "unecessary baggage".  Secondly, the corporate cultures are different.  Thirdly, if Apple buys Sony, the PS3 will be the last Sony hardware I will own... so nyeh.

this is as bad as when i read MS was going to buy nintendo