By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has the Playstation Move's apparent success made people go crazy?

DirtyP2002 said:
jneul said:
Nomad Blue said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I want to play this game, too!

Here is my local media markt (biggest electronic retailer in Europe)

If this does not work for whatever reason:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/9379/imag0017l.jpg

There are more than 100 PS Move in my store in a city with 70k people living at. And I asked the employee and he said they had about the same number in the back.

Another Media Markt in my home town has about 50 in stock. I did not make a picture and I did not asked an employee either. There are no shortages in Germany

But somehow I read on the internet PS Move is sold out in Germany and nowhere to be found. This is not true.

When were those PS Move's delivered?  I'm pretty sure it's only the individual Move controllers that are sold out, not the bundle.

lol it was probably a recent re-stock, the scee info told us ps move has an adoption rate of 60%-100% in eu countries, so that means a minimum of 900k sales in europe alone, dirtp can keep his dirty tactics to himself

POSTING IMAGES OF MOVE STARTER BUNDLES IS NOT EVIDENCE THAT ALL OF EU HAS STOCK LYING AROUND!!

I took this picture 2 days after release I guess. No re-stock first shipment.

Are you really trying to tell me the stuff I see with my own eyes is not true, but the stuff on the internet is? There are no shortages in my region and somehow I doubt that they sit on hundreds of PS Move controllers in northern Germany while the rest of the country is desperatly trying to get it. There are no shortages in Germany. Period.

I have no problem to buy PS Move at my online store of choice either. It is not the biggest online retailer, but it is quiet known though. You can get every PS Move related. Sub-controller, charging station, wand and even the pistol-stuff. No shortages for any of those.

wow so it was taken ages ago then, them 200 moves will not be there anymore(would have been bought and replaced with new stock) also shortages was reported after day 2, now kindly go back to kinect thread's before i report you, so much for you never trolling, just because you can get it does not mean everyone else can....

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
jneul said:
DirtyP2002 said:
jneul said:
Nomad Blue said:
DirtyP2002 said:

There are more than 100 PS Move in my store in a city with 70k people living at. And I asked the employee and he said they had about the same number in the back.

Another Media Markt in my home town has about 50 in stock. I did not make a picture and I did not asked an employee either. There are no shortages in Germany

But somehow I read on the internet PS Move is sold out in Germany and nowhere to be found. This is not true.

When were those PS Move's delivered?  I'm pretty sure it's only the individual Move controllers that are sold out, not the bundle.

lol it was probably a recent re-stock, the scee info told us ps move has an adoption rate of 60%-100% in eu countries, so that means a minimum of 900k sales in europe alone, dirtp can keep his dirty tactics to himself

POSTING IMAGES OF MOVE STARTER BUNDLES IS NOT EVIDENCE THAT ALL OF EU HAS STOCK LYING AROUND!!

Are you really trying to tell me the stuff I see with my own eyes is not true, but the stuff on the internet is? There are no shortages in my region and somehow I doubt that they sit on hundreds of PS Move controllers in northern Germany while the rest of the country is desperatly trying to get it. There are no shortages in Germany. Period.

I have no problem to buy PS Move at my online store of choice either. It is not the biggest online retailer, but it is quiet known though. You can get every PS Move related. Sub-controller, charging station, wand and even the pistol-stuff. No shortages for any of those.

wow so it was taken ages ago then, them 200 moves will not be there anymore(would have been bought and replaced with new stock) also shortages was reported after day 2, now kindly go back to kinect thread's before i report you, so much for you never trolling, just because you can get it does not mean everyone else can....

I think you might have a wrong definition of "trolling". I add something to the discussion. Obviously something you don't want to be true.

Do you want me to take daily pictures?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
jneul said:
DirtyP2002 said:

I think you might have a wrong definition of "trolling". I add something to the discussion. Obviously something you don't want to be true.

yeah you can if you feel like it, if your sad enough to prove a point that is

EDIT: This post, and related, have been moderated. -d1

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

billsalias said:

You cherry picked by using such a limited example.

For example if you look at eb you will find tons of move controllers availabe:

http://www.ebgames.com/Browse/StoreSearch.aspx?sku=804177&return=/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=78144&loc=sonymove_btn_buynow

Also, wal mart does not have them online but the two in my town have many in the store.

Also if you check out eb or best buy you will see every store has the starter pack in ready supply.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=1051329&_requestid=244367

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&skuId=1051329&_requestid=246161

So both of your are wrong. There are a major retailers in major metro areas that are sold out but it is far from the complete sell out implied either. There are plenty of starter packs available and if you want a move controller you may not be able to go to the nearest store but you sure can find one without much trouble (10 ebs and 1 best buy have them within 15 miles of my zip 02189 and both walmarts within 2 miles). On the other side there are 5 stores in the same range that are sold out.

So how about you both give it a rest and drop this entire stupid pissing contest and get on with something more productive then trolling.

No im not. Youre using a completely different SKU. Im not commenting on starter bundles since those arent Move controllers. Starter bundles are in less demand and i believe sony overshipped them originally and I believe Move is selling not only more to users who own a PS3 but people are showing demand for multiple Move contorllers resulting in limited quantities of Move controllers.

I never said they were "out of stock" i showed links in which it showed 2/6 best buys or 1/6 or even 3/6 in a given 20 mile radius for 4 major cities in the USA and then my local area. My point, and as i said before, is that its sporadic. The fact that roughly 50% of large chain electronic stores, as well as the largest online retailer does not have stock of an item over 1 month after release and after an increase in supply points towards the distinct possibility an overshipment never occurred to inflate numbers.

Its not a pissing contest. Its an argument rooted in logic with real world examples that directly contradict what starcraft is saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

jneul said:
DirtyP2002 said:
jneul said:
DirtyP2002 said:
jneul said:
Nomad Blue said:
DirtyP2002 said:

yeah you can if you feel like it, if your sad enough to prove a point that is

Thats rather rude, you accused him of trolling and he has offered to provide evidence to the contrary.  Just because you don't like the information he is providing doesn't make it ok to accuse him of being "sad".  Did he go into your Kinect bashing threads and call you sad for posting the information?

Around the Network
slowmo said:

Thats rather rude, you accused him of trolling and he has offered to provide evidence to the contrary.  Just because you don't like the information he is providing doesn't make it ok to accuse him of being "sad".  Did he go into your Kinect bashing threads and call you sad for posting the information?

It was rude but it serves him right for stalking me constantly on n4g, posting on picture of 100 moves proves nothing, and even if he took a picture with lots of moves in it every day it still does not prove anything, he would have to go to every store in the world to prove that indeed yes move is absoultely not selling out everywhere, which btw is impossible

maybe he did not call me sad, but maybe to some i am as far as the "kinect bashing" threads go, i am staying away from kinect threads at the moment

PS VITA = LIFE

jneul said:
slowmo said:

It was rude but it serves him right for stalking me constantly on n4g, posting on picture of 100 moves proves nothing, and even if he took a picture with lots of moves in it every day it still does not prove anything, he would have to go to every store in the world to prove that indeed yes move is absoultely not selling out everywhere, which btw is impossible

maybe he did not call me sad, but maybe to some i am as far as the "kinect bashing" threads go, i am staying away from kinect threads at the moment

1st: I never said worldwide. I said there are no shortages in Germany.

2nd: wow you are so kind.

3rd: to prove my point check the latest PAL Charts:

Netherlands: No move game in the top10
Norway: No.7 for Sports Champion, no other move compatible game (including MAG, RE5 and Heavy Rain) in the top20
Sweden: No. 12 for Sports Champion, no other move compatible game in the top 20 and not in the top10 on PS3 alone either
Swiss: Sports Champion at No.9 on PS3 only chart
UK: Sports Champion at No. 28 on UK Chart, not any other move-compatible game in the top 40.

I don't know about you, but that does not sound like a device that is doing amazingly hot. It sells decent, it might turn a profit for Sony, but it will never ever be a game changer in any way. With 1.5 million in 4 weeks (more than Halo Reach, which still sits in these charts for some strange reasons), you should expect at least some games in the top10 / 20 / 40 in any region. But except for Sports Champion, there is nothing at all.

I just remain sceptical.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

So it flopped in Japan too, can't wait for Sony to announce they shipped 1 million moves in Japan...

Squilliam said:

The total number of Move only software titles sold is the only metric which counts. It is the only metric by which developers will use to justify further support over the longer term of 1-3 years and it is the only metric which is directly comparable to other platforms.

Why "Move only" software? If I buy the move now, it would be for Heavy rain, MAG, RUSE or RE5, not for Sports Champions. And the next ones that makes me intersted in it is Socom and Killzone, so all DS3 or Move games. And I'm certainly not the only one like that.

So? how is "Move only" software a metric of anything?

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

DirtyP2002 said:
jneul said:
DirtyP2002 said:
jneul said:
Nomad Blue said:
DirtyP2002 said:

you posted a pic of move shipments at launch to try and justify Sony over shipping and or no shortages after it's been out for almost 2 months........ or am I missing something?