By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - StarWars sequel Trilogy on its way?

Homer_Simpson said:

fuck me no, please say this is bullshit

the prequels were so fucking awful, why would you make more films to ruin the once great franchise

I thought Revenge of the Sith was good, but yeah I would say the first 2 sucked ass. RoTS did a good job of linking the prequel trilogy to the real trilogy.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

Oh, please no!!! I don't want more episodes. >_<

Seriously, if they made more episodes they would have to make Episode 3.5 or something. Episode 7 could include Luke, Han, Leia but NO Darth Vader! Fail!

Episode Zero...wouldn't include any of them...omega fail!

Play the Force Unleashed

Homer_Simpson said:

fuck me no, please say this is bullshit

the prequels were so fucking awful, why would you make more films to ruin the once great franchise

well maybe he´ll pass away before they even start making them :p

In all seriousness though, I really hope he doesnt make them, but I know that he probably will. he has no boundaries as to how much he can milk star wats :(

I think it would be pretty cool if they made some movies in the old republic universe, only if george lucas doesn't direct them.  He sucks as a director and should not have control of the movies at all.  

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! But I always thought Lucas next step would be to remake the original cast of the original films fully computer animated once the technology would catch on.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

I think it would be really cool if George Lucas got struck by lightning the next time he touched a camera.

The Ghost of RubangB said:

I think it would be really cool if George Lucas got struck by lightning the next time he touched a camera.

I concur.

Also it better involve Harrison Ford if it does happen, he is Han Solo.

I don't see how its possible really unless the make it like 5000 years before star wars. KOTOR was aparrantly 4000 before the star wars movies, then you have all the books for before, after and even in between the movies... If they did make something new it would contradict something else. My prediction is that it will be the same movies we have already seen, just in 3D.

Keep in mind the rumour also suggests the new trilogy might take place over 1,000 years after Episode 6. Personally I hated Phantom Menace but I didn't mind Clone Wars and loved Revenge Of the Sith. After they all come out in 3D I think I would love to see another 3 movies.

Not to mention we still have the live action TV show which apparently will run up to 100 episodes.

I'm in heaven, though I'll admit I am a StarWars fanboy!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

It sounds like a good move for a new triliogy, after what a lot of fans thought was an abysmal prequel triliogy. the thing is i've actully read Timothy Zahn's Grand Admiral trilogy which takes places after the orignal with the same characters, etc, and also expanding the mythology of the SW unverse.

and that was phenominal, imo even better than the original triliogy, i think probabily because when writing a book like that, there are less creative limitations of what you can do compared to the limitations of films in the 1970s - 80s. so as much as would like to see a new protagonist introducted, i would rather see a continuing of the story, either way i'm not holding out for it, it will probabily be rubbish.