By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright 3DS confirmed (omgomgomgomg)

just wow. I'm i'm almost speechless.

I was going to pass on the 3DS for at least 2 price cuts, but ummmm. yeah. I think I will have to get one for this game. 

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Antabus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Antabus said:

I don't understand why people are so excited about this. :p

Have you even played either of those series'

I don't think you have.

GOOD DAY SIR!!!!

Why do you think that? What does that have to do with anything?

And just for your information, I do have played both of those series.

Are you not interested to see a combination of these PUZZLES and Courtroom Case

I mean just thinking about how this could be, I think basically the INVESTIGATION bit of the game will be like professor layton now with a few elements from the phoenix wright series added in....and then the traditional court case bits to rap things up.

Not to mention its in awesome 3D....adding infinite innovative possibilities to puzzles

Then you have Phoenix Wright and Maya who are awesome characters

They are combining two of the best point and click adventure games/story game OF ALL TIME into one....taking best bits from them!

How can you NOT be excited for this if you have played both those series is beyibnd my understanding

GOOD DAY CAT LOVER!

First of all, couple of answers.

No, I am not interested to see that kind of game. The puzzles are too easy (maybe they would have gotten harder later) and that thing... ace attorney. I am not going to tell you how I feel about that game. It is pretty easy not to be excited if you don't care about either of those games.

That however, was not my point. I just don't understand how using a character from another series make the game any better than if they have a generic professor or attorney.

And btw, I don't know who that Maya was but Phoenix wright is very annoying character. :P

Antabus said:

Think of two things that you like a lot, and want to make a crossover of the two things, and now think that it happens.

I don't share the exciment, but I do understand it. It's not that hard.

sauss said:
Antabus said:

Think of two things that you like a lot, and want to make a crossover of the two things, and now think that it happens.

I would not be excited at all if MS made Master chief vs Marcus Fenix. In fact, I would propably stay clear of that kind of game.

Antabus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Antabus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Antabus said:

I don't think you have.

GOOD DAY SIR!!!!

I mean just thinking about how this could be, I think basically the INVESTIGATION bit of the game will be like professor layton now with a few elements from the phoenix wright series added in....and then the traditional court case bits to rap things up.

Not to mention its in awesome 3D....adding infinite innovative possibilities to puzzles

They are combining two of the best point and click adventure games/story game OF ALL TIME into one....taking best bits from them!

How can you NOT be excited for this if you have played both those series is beyibnd my understanding

GOOD DAY CAT LOVER!

No, I am not interested to see that kind of game. The puzzles are too easy (maybe they would have gotten harder later) and that thing... ace attorney. I am not going to tell you how I feel about that game. It is pretty easy not to be excited if you don't care about either of those games.

That however, was not my point. I just don't understand how using a character from another series make the game any better than if they have a generic professor or attorney.

I have already given you reasons for WHY we are excited.....I just told you that the point of this games seems to be COMBINE THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS...from each of those series.

I just told you Phoenix Wright and Maya are awesome characters.

Re-read my original reply to you it says why we are excited for this product.

Using another random professor or Attorney wouldn't be cool because many of us here LIKE these characters. You didn't, too bad. But we did.

kthnxbye

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Antabus said:
sauss said:
Antabus said:

I would not be excited at all if MS made Master chief vs Marcus Fenix. In fact, I would propably stay clear of that kind of game.

Just saying.

darthdevidem01 said:
Antabus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Antabus said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Antabus said:

I don't think you have.

GOOD DAY SIR!!!!

GOOD DAY CAT LOVER!

Using another random professor or Attorney wouldn't be cool because many of us here LIKE these characters. You didn't, too bad. But we did.

kthnxbye

Just what I thought.

Antabus said:
sauss said:
Antabus said:

Try to be less pessimistic please.

Such a game has the potential to be pretty awesome actually.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Antabus said:
sauss said:
Antabus said:

Try to be less pessimistic please.

Such a game has the potential to be pretty awesome actually.

Of course it might be good. I just have a natural instinct to stay clear of spinoffs and such. :P

Antabus said:

ok. You have just said you didn't really play Layton all that much. There are some seriously mind bending puzzles in their. The early puzzles are indeed easy, but as you say that's not the point.

The over all structure and flow of both games are very solid.
In Ace Attorney you collect information then figure out the case. It's classic Perry Mason and other Court Room/Detective shows. Except you don't watch you play it your self. It's a bit linear, but it's well blended with the drama and story telling of the characters. If your the type who likes puzzle solving, story and court room drama. Then this is a fantastic game. If your not into this type. then that's fine too. It does require taste. Theres no way an action junky could ever like the slower paced style.

Layton is a game about puzzles. It's just the puzzles. It's a collection of puzzles. What Layton does right is that the collection of Puzzles are layed out as part of an investigation that intertwines a story.  In many regards it makes a simple point and click investigation or adventure game. Into a series of puzzles to keep players amused. Some are optional others are not.

Both games have memorable Characters when you play them. They are have strong personalities that are likable.  However that's only the characters. The meat of the crossover isn't the Characters. It's the game play.

The Cross over will combine the Puzzles Collection and Investigation of Layton. This stage will be used to gather clues. These clues are a form of bigger puzzle that takes place in the court room. That's where the Ace comes in. It's merging the best 2 elements of each game. Each one is a mastery of there respective play styles. Merging them gives the best of both worlds. On top it's with memorable heroes of both games. Also it's return of Phoenix Wright who has been absent as a lawyer for the last to Ace Attorney games(ok to be fair I haven't played the last 2 of the series because of his missing).

Though I understand your position. It's a game for taste. I would not expect a mom who plays Bejeweled to care about Halo Reach.  I would not expect a fan on Halo to be big on slow puzzle games like Myst. Nor would I expect a Myst fan to care about Axis and Allies. So in the end clearly neither of the two respective games are too your liking. I think we got that. Soooo? why are you in this thread?

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.