Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your 3rd party Wii collection vs Total

Your 3rd party Wii collection vs Total

00 - 20 % 25 22.73%

21 - 40 % 20 18.18%

41 - 60 % 35 31.82%

61 - 80 % 22 20.00%

81 - 100 % 8 7.27%

Total:110

63/89, or 71%. But this includes all games gifted to me and games my girlfriend received for reviewing and thus being sold shortly because of crappyness.

If we only include games I actually like, then 47/73, or 64%.

In my opinion, there are tons of awesome 3rd party games on the Wii, just not much big, mainstream blockbuster games like you find on the 360 and PS3. Most good 3rd party games on Wii are niche games with little mainstream appeal.

Around the Network

Wii and DS only owner

36 Wii retail games:

15 Nintendo games - 42%

21 Third party games - 58%

9 Wiiware games:

3 Nintendo games - 33%

6 Third party games - 67%

Total:

45 games

18 Nintendo - 40%

27 Third Party- 60%

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Multi-platform owner. Owned a Wii for about 6 1/2 months. Going to include rentals on the list since I've been renting a good bit more than buying since the beginning of this year.

First-Party (3): Wii Sports, Wii Fit Plus, Wii Sports Resort

Third-Party (13 retail plus 1 Wiiware): EA Sports Active (EA), Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft), Broken Sword (Ubisoft), No More Heroes 1 & 2 (Ubisoft/Marvelous), Muramasa (Ignition/Marvelous), Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (Square-Enix), Dragon Quest Swords (Square-Enix), The Conduit (Sega), Madworld (Sega), Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (Capcom), Harvey Birdman (Capcom), Ace Attorney: Justice for All WIIWARE (Capcom), Sam & Max Season One (The Adventure Company)

Third Party Percentage: 81.25% (82.35% if you include Wiiware).

I probably have the record here for smallest first-party share. lol. The Wii is my first Nintendo home console since the NES and of the SNES games I played on emulator, they were mostly jrpgs. So I never really got into Nintendo's first-party that much (a little bit on GBA and DS but very little of it on the home console side yet). I do plan to. The Mario games for sure. I liked NSMB on DS. The Wii's third party is pretty solid. But it gets passed over by the teenaged/adult male demographic for social reasons. A) The perception that Nintendo is "kiddie" and/or B) Their peers are on XBL and PSN, not Nintendo WFC.

If I were to look at ownership only, it would be 2 (Wii Sports and Wii Fit Plus) vs. 2 (EA Sports Active and that Ace Attorney WW). 50% Ratio. Or 2 to 1 in favor of Nintendo if you don't include Wiiware. So 33% Third-Party ratio. But since I rent like 6 retail Wii games for every retail Wii game I buy (4 to 1 if you count Wii Sports. lol), my collection isn't a fair representation of the games I'm playing.

6/14=42.8% 3rd Party

Have 43 Wii games at present of which 26 are Third party or 65%

However, that means Nintendo accounts for 35% with is HUGE!   For most of you that percentage is even higher.

Compare to PS3 - How high a percent do you think Sony games are for PS3 owners?  Prob 15-20%?

And 360?  Prob 5-10%

Nintendo is sitting around 35-70% and that's for us!  We're avid gamers.  The more casual gamers are probably only have 5-10 titles max and if the same ratio applies, it means all 3rd parties are fighting to be the 1-6 games in that collection. Put chances are they are even more likely to purchase more Nintendo titles over 3rd parties.  No wonder 3rd parties don't like Wii.  Nintendo IS stiff competition.

FYI - My WW collection is 95% 3rd party

Around the Network

@gamerace  dont no what your talking about but I have more games for PS3 than you have for Wii. It was fifty something last I checked. so im pretty sure you'll find quite a few avid PS3 and Xbox360 fans. I could make a list if you want

oniyide said:

@gamerace  dont no what your talking about but I have more games for PS3 than you have for Wii. It was fifty something last I checked. so im pretty sure you'll find quite a few avid PS3 and Xbox360 fans. I could make a list if you want

hmmm he means.... out of your 50 games, how many of them are first party?

18 Wii games with 11 being third party

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

@soma  18 1st party Sony games one more game than he has for 1st party Wii,  I can name them is you want and what difference does it really make do people buy games just because a certain company made it??? If they do they are really screwing themselves out of some good games.

oniyide said:

@soma  18 1st party Sony games one more game than he has for 1st party Wii,  I can name them is you want and what difference does it really make do people buy games just because a certain company made it??? If they do they are really screwing themselves out of some good games.

that's not the point but to see how well third party games sell on Wii, why? Because third parties always complain only people buy Nintendo games. As you can see, here in VGChartz, even if the avid gamer buys more third party games, the number of Nintendo games is still huge!

You have a lot of Sony games, but I wonder if you're the exception or is it the same with every PS3 owner?

18/50 = 36%

36% of your library is first party, which is huge too, but in a system where third parties are finding more success than the Wii, probably this percentage is lower for the average PS3 owner.