By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Gran Turismo 5 will fail to sell...

Best Selling Gran Turismo 939 37.95%

2nd Best Selling Gran Turismo 494 19.97%

3rd Best Selling Gran Turismo 389 15.72%

4th Best Selling Gran Turismo 116 4.69%

The Worst Selling Gran Turismo 536 21.67%

Total:2,474
CGI-Quality said:
Killiana1a said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Killiana1a said:

It will only reach the 10 million mark if Sony bundles it with every PS3 until the end of this generation coupled with it selling like hotcakes these holidays. Too much time has lapsed between GT4 and GT5 leaving other games such as God of War, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid and others to define the "Playstation experience" absent Gran Turismo.

I have predicted 425,000 in it's opening week and 4 million lifetime (I assume it will be bundled to give it the legs it otherwise would not have standalone retail).

As of the latest preorder charts, GT5 is at 260,000 total. No way it breaks the 1 million mark it's first weekend unless it magically adds another 100,000-200,000 preorder between now and Black Friday.

Are you talking about NA only ? Cause if you add in the pre - orders from the Japan Preview, GT5 is over the 425,000 mark. And this is without EMEAA. And 4 Million lifetime ?! GT5 releases on BF week. So the game's first week could be in the 2.5 - 3 Million mark. And then it still has December and the holidays to sell. It will pass the 4 Million mark before the year is up !  

I could be wrong, but am not yet because the game has not dropped.

A prediction of 4 million lifetime is not only immensely comical, but will prove VERY wrong.

I don't really understand peoples need to attack peoples predictions.  He made a prediction, and acknowledged it as such.  He said he could be wrong, what else do you want from him?  

Plus, CGI, I thought you were above this man.  

Around the Network

People have to stop looking at this poll, it represents nothing. I myself voted that it'll pass 15M but fur teh LULZ (my prediction is still 11.5/12.5M so I dunno why is everyone focusing on this fu**ing poll. Without mentionning that alot of people are voting without posting, some of them maybe never posted in this forum.

Then maybe people shouldnt vote for "the lulz" so we could get a more accurate poll.

Blue3 said:
Hyruken said:

So basically 41% of this website think it will sell almost 15m units?

I think this thread will be resurected many times over the coming years to show how high expectation for the game was.

If it get's beyond 8m i will be amazed let alone nearly double that!

Yes it will be resurected, to show how many of you have little understanding of this franchise. 

yahh 8m is amazing, for a game whos demo sold 5 million rofl.

Its not a demo, i like how years ago people would say "But GT5P is only a demo" and all the fans would whine about it being much more than just a demo.

But now  its all "GT5P sold 5 million and its only a demo", as if to make the series appear more popular than it actually is, no it isnt a demo, just like Halo 3 ODST is not just an expansion pack. What you download off of the PSN store is a demo GT5P was not a demo.

CGI-Quality said:
Ginyu said:
Blue3 said:
Hyruken said:

So basically 41% of this website think it will sell almost 15m units?

I think this thread will be resurected many times over the coming years to show how high expectation for the game was.

If it get's beyond 8m i will be amazed let alone nearly double that!

Yes it will be resurected, to show how many of you have little understanding of this franchise. 

yahh 8m is amazing, for a game whos demo sold 5 million rofl.

Its not a demo, i like how years ago people would say "But GT5P is only a demo" and all the fans would whine about it being much more than just a demo.

But now  its all "GT5P sold 5 million and its only a demo", as if to make the series appear more popular than it actually is, no it isnt a demo, just like Halo 3 ODST is not just an expansion pack. What you download off of the PSN store is a demo GT5P was not a demo.

Both ODST and GT5:P aren't complete games. In GT5:P's case, it's called a Prologue to indicate that it isn't the full game. Had it been, it would be sitting on higher numbers.

ODST isn't a full game either. It really isn't much more than an expansion pack that comes with Halo 3's multiplayer (and all the added maps).

If both were full games, they would have sold like full games.

correct.

just look @ ODST sales compared to Reach.

Around the Network

I know they arnt full games, they arnt just demos either. GT5P is probably more of a game than some PS3 games.

ODST is the same and well it still outsold GT5P in less than half the time.

http://www.gtplanet.net/uk-retailer-dedicates-all-employees-to-handle-gt5-orders/

YAhh really gonna struggle for sales, rofl. 

Halo is a faster seller than GT

And nowadays a better seller aswell.

Its not that unfair a comparison, but like i saw GT5P came out before GT5 unlike ODST which came after Halo 3, had the ODST come before Halo 3 kinda like a Halo 3 Prologue it would have sold better than GT5P.

GTAIVs expansions have sold 2.5 million on disc aswell, thats not counting how much its sold off of Xbox Live, PSN either. And people were overall not all that impressed GTA4. And again that came after.

So while GT5Ps sales are impressive its nothing out of this world, if MW3 Prologue came out in January its top that 5 million in a week.

CGI-Quality said:
Blue3 said:

http://www.gtplanet.net/uk-retailer-dedicates-all-employees-to-handle-gt5-orders/

YAhh really gonna struggle for sales, rofl. 

In fairness, that's just one retailer, but I imagine the game will have little trouble becoming one of the biggest sellers in EMEAA this gen.

Is it that hard to beleive GT is that big a franchise.  

By the way, i thought Uk was is 360 land.  Well lets remember the was. 

Sales aside, im interested in how the reviews will be for this. GT PSP's were mixed and from what ive heard GT4 wasnt all that good.