By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Fans, who do you want see OUT of the console race?

damndl0ser said:
A203D said:
damndl0ser said:
A203D said:

Yeah, but this is one of the things i'm thinking about; it was in the ethos of Sony to release the PS3 as the best possible console it could be and sell it at a huge loss, they provided top notch reliable hardware by comparasion, they provided a lot of built in features at a loss, like blu ray, backward compatability, built in wifi, flash card readers, etc.

its in their ethos to do that. however does anyone really think that if Microsoft were not in a console war they wouldve extended warranty on faultly consoles, they didnt provide warranty for every RROD console anyway. they charge for online, they dont provided as many built in features.

my point is that because Microsoft and Apple are Amercian they have a different buisness ethos, and imo it seems to be that they care more about making money rather than quality a lot more than their competitiors. look at Windows or even GWRL in comparasion to Steam.

like you said about Apple, they cost way too much, and thats Exactly what Microsoft want imo, thats why i want them out, if they wernt in a console war and they had a monopoly on the industry like they want, they would do exactly what Apple are doing.

The "Ethos" of Sony was to win a format war (Blu-Ray) and it almost cost them their console buisness instead.  They added a lot of stuff that was not needed and in the end (in order to compete) they took a lot of it out and streamlined production.   They did this to save money and not go bankrupt.  So please don't give me this American business "Ethos" BS as an excuse.  Frankly it pisses me off, we Americans are a money hungry lot, but no more so than anyone else.

Sony had a monopoly on the PS2 and look what happend to them.  We get the most expensive console ever and an attitude that we the consumer would need to go get a second job to pay for it.  And we should be happy to do so since Sony is god....  There is no way Microsoft could be any worse.  So I guess your Japanese business "Ethos" is just as corrupt as anyone elses.

Microsoft is no more evil than Sony, Nintendo, Apple, or any other big company.  I get a kick out of people who seem always spout that stuff.  They are probably using a hacked version of windows while they do it.  What fun...

My new word of the day "ETHOS"  maybe tomarrow we can use Porthos.

Actually the most expensive Console ever was the Panasonic 3DO US700. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
Jayrox101 said:

None of them should go.But Sony will go first.

LOL wtf is this?

Sony dominated 2 gens both console sold over 100m and all of a sudden they shoul leave because ps3 didn't do as well?

damndl0ser said:
A203D said:
damndl0ser said:
A203D said:

Yeah, but this is one of the things i'm thinking about; it was in the ethos of Sony to release the PS3 as the best possible console it could be and sell it at a huge loss, they provided top notch reliable hardware by comparasion, they provided a lot of built in features at a loss, like blu ray, backward compatability, built in wifi, flash card readers, etc.

its in their ethos to do that. however does anyone really think that if Microsoft were not in a console war they wouldve extended warranty on faultly consoles, they didnt provide warranty for every RROD console anyway. they charge for online, they dont provided as many built in features.

my point is that because Microsoft and Apple are Amercian they have a different buisness ethos, and imo it seems to be that they care more about making money rather than quality a lot more than their competitiors. look at Windows or even GWRL in comparasion to Steam.

like you said about Apple, they cost way too much, and thats Exactly what Microsoft want imo, thats why i want them out, if they wernt in a console war and they had a monopoly on the industry like they want, they would do exactly what Apple are doing.

The "Ethos" of Sony was to win a format war (Blu-Ray) and it almost cost them their console buisness instead.  They added a lot of stuff that was not needed and in the end (in order to compete) they took a lot of it out and streamlined production.   They did this to save money and not go bankrupt.  So please don't give me this American business "Ethos" BS as an excuse.  Frankly it pisses me off, we Americans are a money hungry lot, but no more so than anyone else.

Sony had a monopoly on the PS2 and look what happend to them.  We get the most expensive console ever and an attitude that we the consumer would need to go get a second job to pay for it.  And we should be happy to do so since Sony is god....  There is no way Microsoft could be any worse.  So I guess your Japanese business "Ethos" is just as corrupt as anyone elses.

Microsoft is no more evil than Sony, Nintendo, Apple, or any other big company.  I get a kick out of people who seem always spout that stuff.  They are probably using a hacked version of windows while they do it.  What fun...

My new word of the day "ETHOS"  maybe tomarrow we can use Porthos.

Fair enough, they wanted to win the format war, why is that a bad thing. blu ray was superior to HD DVD and Sony were offering the consumer good value for money, and i support that product because it moves the industry foward offerring better quality than the competitors.

the Nintendo DS came with a built in Wifi adapter and its rarely used in games. MS made the Wifi adapter external and expensive, yet being detrimental to their games and online service. their HD DVD drive wasnt built in and had to be bought externally, etc, the list goes on, cant be bothered getting into that now. 

fair enough Sony made a mistake with the launch of the PS3, because of the cost of implementing a blu ray, HDD, and cell processor. but despite the enormous cost of manuacturing this, they still made the hardware as reliable as possible, same goes for Nintendo. MS have had a failure rate reported to be at minimum 45% and max 67% (not sure), either way, does it sound like MS give a s*** about their consumers. and like i said, this isnt just 360, this is also Windows.

and you cant say that MS provided free replacements, because if they hadnt they wouldve lost the console war. and we know they didnt want to replace those units, because they didnt replace all RRODs, using poor warrantly excuses, etc. imho, i dont think MS really care for their consumers as much as they do for money, comparatively yes Sony and Nintendo are buisnesses, but imo, they've always made sure they're products are excellent quality, and they've moved the industry foward. that is their ethos.

Should only be one HD console and that would be Playstation:)