By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Call Of Duty: Black Ops Wii] Limited Edition Headbanger Headset

ZechsMerquise said:
Antabus said:
oniyide said:

the Wii version will do a mil anyway no freaking doubt maybe more. I just expected that with an install base twice as large as either HD console it would be able to match the sales of at least the PS3 version. I believe COD3 was close, was just wondering what happened from then and now??? not really buying the no ads thing either. MS pushed ads for MW2 last year really hard even bundled the damn thing with 360s but PS3 still managed to do huge #s. Where have the FPS fans on Wii gone??? have they moved on the HDs or just gave up on the notion of FPSs on Wii??? or maybe the FPS fanbase isnt that large as the hd ones.  I hope these arent the cases cause 007 is fun and Coduit 2 looks fine

If you look at the userbase, wii version should do roughly the same as hd-versions combined.

Er... not really. Because the Wii's userbase is made up of a totally different demographic. That's why WSR has sold amazingly on Wii, and Sports Champions not so on the PS3. Different demographics want different games. If COD:BO does 1.5 million on Wii, that will be a huge success.

So.. is sports champions a huge success on ps3 then?

Around the Network
Antabus said:
ZechsMerquise said:
Antabus said:
oniyide said:

the Wii version will do a mil anyway no freaking doubt maybe more. I just expected that with an install base twice as large as either HD console it would be able to match the sales of at least the PS3 version. I believe COD3 was close, was just wondering what happened from then and now??? not really buying the no ads thing either. MS pushed ads for MW2 last year really hard even bundled the damn thing with 360s but PS3 still managed to do huge #s. Where have the FPS fans on Wii gone??? have they moved on the HDs or just gave up on the notion of FPSs on Wii??? or maybe the FPS fanbase isnt that large as the hd ones.  I hope these arent the cases cause 007 is fun and Coduit 2 looks fine

If you look at the userbase, wii version should do roughly the same as hd-versions combined.

Er... not really. Because the Wii's userbase is made up of a totally different demographic. That's why WSR has sold amazingly on Wii, and Sports Champions not so on the PS3. Different demographics want different games. If COD:BO does 1.5 million on Wii, that will be a huge success.

No, it's a failure. Wrong demographic Sony is targeting. It's hurting them in sales. 

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Crazybone126 said:
Antabus said:
ZechsMerquise said:
Antabus said:
oniyide said:

No, it's a failure. Wrong demographic Sony is targeting. It's hurting them in sales. 

The Lego games sell very well on all the systems, so I wouldn't say the demographics are too different.

It could also just as easily be that Sports Champions isn't catching the interest of people who just see it as another Wii Sports ripoff. If it had something to set it apart, it might have better legs. But just being "Wii Sports, but the HD graphics we know you the third parties have been waiting for" doesn't catch the interest of Wii Sports fans any more than the new Medal of Honor catches the interest of Modern Warfare fans, or Saints Row catches the interest of GTA fans (although 2 is awesome, and I am glad it sold enough that more are being made).

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Anyone got any word yet on bundles that include the headset?

ZechsMerquise said:

Anyone got any word yet on bundles that include the headset?

No, I haven't heard about a bundle as of yet.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.