By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Greatest User Tournament: Leo J Vs. Soriku

I vote for Soriku

Around the Network
dtewi said:

I do have extreme doubts about the standards imposed by this tournament.

For example, some threads were open for four days, while others got like 20 hours at most (and no, Seece, I am not saying this because I'm angry about my loss as you would have most likely said).

And I don't think it's fair for this contest to be moderated by someone who insults one of the contestants and bans people from participating out of pure spite.

Eh, you're not the only one.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

oldschoolfool said:
Seece said:

Welcome to the Greatest User Tournament 2010!
CGI-Quality won the last round!

The match ups are chosen at random.

The Rules.

1. Vote for ONE contestant.
2. ONE vote per round.
3. Must have over 100 posts.
4. Users in the Tournament CAN vote in EVERY round. Even their own.
5. NO flaming or insults will be tolerated. Not even sly digs. Mention why you're voting for the person without insulting the other i.e DO NOT say "I'm voting for batman because he's not a fanboy"

Day 37 of 70
Previous rounds
Stage 1 - (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24)
Stage 2 - (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12)

Stage 2 Winners

1) Khuutra, Badgenome, Carl, Nen-Suer, Mr Khan & CGI - Quality

Break the rules and you will be banned from the Tournament.

so when do I get to be in this tournament. I am one of the greatest user's on this site. lol

even if i was close to being one of these legends i wouldn't want to go up against any of them.

CGI-Quality said:

Another really difficult battle :(

Also, I appreciate all the votes during my round.

always so modest!

Seece said:
dtewi said:

For example, some threads were open for four days, while others got like 20 hours at most (and no, Seece, I am not saying this because I'm angry about my loss as you would have most likely said).

And I don't think it's fair for this contest to be moderated by someone who insults one of the contestants and bans people from participating out of pure spite.

I havn't banned anyone yet, nor insulted, so stop making shit up dtewi. Also some threads stay open later I admit, most are dead after a day and it doesn't sway the contest in any users way so it's not a problem, I do have a life outside of VGC.

You banning zexen is definitely not some shit I made up. Your mutual contempt for each other is pretty obvious and I don't think you banned zexen because he "broke the rules," and no matter how many times you say that, it doesn't make it true.

And it was an ongoing problem for a couple weeks. If you're managing a tournament, it's to be expected that you handle and organize it efficiently and without any problems. I doubt you're absent from VGChartz for 3 days at a time, so the only reason for the delay was simply because you were acting lazily.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:
Seece said:
dtewi said:

I havn't banned anyone yet, nor insulted, so stop making shit up dtewi. Also some threads stay open later I admit, most are dead after a day and it doesn't sway the contest in any users way so it's not a problem, I do have a life outside of VGC.

You banning zexen is definitely not some shit I made up. Your mutual contempt for each other is pretty obvious and I don't think you banned zexen because he "broke the rules," and no matter how many times you say that, it doesn't make it true.

And it was an ongoing problem for a couple weeks. If you're managing a tournament, it's to be expected that you handle and organize it efficiently and without any problems. I doubt you're absent from VGChartz for 3 days at a time, so the only reason for the delay was simply because you were acting lazily.

Well I personally don't expect Seece to make one every day. It's very demanding and I'm just glad he's doing it in the first place.

Boutros said:

Well I personally don't expect Seece to make one every day. It's very demanding and I'm just glad he's doing it in the first place.

If he had been able to create rounds in the qualifiers in 1 day, with 5 people no less, then I think he has no excuse to let some threads sit for almost half a week.

It should only take at most an hour to make a new thread. Lock the thread, count the votes, make a new thread, copy paste everything, then change some wording to include the winner and the new participants, and hyperlink the previous round.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Boutros said:

If he had been able to create rounds in the qualifiers in 1 day, with 5 people no less, then I think he has no excuse to let some threads sit for almost half a week.

It should only take at most an hour to make a new thread. Lock the thread, count the votes, make a new thread, copy paste everything, then change some wording to include the winner and the new participants, and hyperlink the previous round.

:O

How can you expect him to take one hour per day during more than a month for something like that?

And he had Machina's help during the qualifiers.

dtewi said:
Boutros said:

dont criticize other people work, he's doing what he can with the time he has.

if you dont like it do your own. now stop going off topic.

Boutros said:
dtewi said:
Boutros said:

:O

How can you expect him to take one hour per day during more than a month for something like that?

And he had Machina's help during the qualifiers.

I sid at most. It really should be 20-30 minutes, though if it's a new stage, a new table of upcoming battles has to be made, which easily takes probably 30-45 minutes. I'm even more flabbergasted that these rounds are taking longer considering it would have taken much longer for the qualifier rounds to get up, even if Machina was helping. 

And I do expect him to do that. He was the one who made this tournament. He knew there were 120 participants. If he just becomes lazy halfway through because it's too much work, then he's definitely not a good tournament moderator. He should have had knowledge of what he'd have to do for the tournament from last year and shouldn't be acting like this.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you