By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Greatest User Tournament: Leo J Vs. Soriku

Gnizmo said:
psrock said:

That's called opinion and both you Maxwell are trying to derail this thread which I believe is against the rules. Let it go, he lost.

I really couldn't care less about this tournament. I am posting here just to get Maxwell to stop bothering me, and because I happen to see his point. Hell I didn't even know I was in this thing at one point till yesterday. All the same both are sly digs at Maxwell that are against the rules which state just vote for your guy. This goes for you as well Darth. Minor insults and attacks at a person are still insults and attacks.

@Seece
Hey its your game do what you want. If you feel its ok to apply the rules inconsistently then thats your business. I just thought that the person enforcing the rules breaking them explicitly warranted a mention. Those running things should always be held to at least the same standard, but I guess you disagree.

I don't bother you, you love me we need to come out about this

As for the inconsistencies yeah, having a standard is all apart of a contest, if the contest has no standard then the end result holds no weight and no matter who wins it.

If the voting is open longer for one group or face off than another then it's inconsistent and one of a few things can happen, more people are allowed to vote skewing results, people can end up letting more people know to vote for them when other people didn't have that advantage in previous rounds, or a sort of rigging can happen where the vote is closed when whoever is supposed to win has the most votes and then closed immediately so the other runner couldn't catch up, hell even D21 mentioned a version of that in the other thread.

The way the first rounds were held was pretty rough and seemed like it was thrown together, 5 people running at once with only 2 picked, the issue that comes up is people that would make it to the finals get knocked out like MakingMusic who won last year and was knocked out by one vote, when more than 2 people run in an election if no one gets a majority of votes they have a run off for that very reason cause that can effect the whole thing and they cut off anyone that didn't get top rankings.

Like I said I knew I wasn't going to win, like hell would I win the whole thing so what does it matter, but I will bring up inconsistencies just like I did in Leo's most popular thread, all of which makes a contest of fun no longer a contest of fun, quite unfun in fact lol

Edit- Oh right the digs thing, if it only relates to the thread it's in then this can go by without someone getting banned from the tournament?

EX: "So glad ________ didn't win last round he's such a fanboy"

"I'm not voting for _________ next round cause the other guy is a jerk"

lol even though a couple of digs were in the other thread and not here

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Soriku!!

This seems hard.

Both Soriku and Leo-J are massive KH Fans like me

Soriku is excited about Versus XIII (Dunno about Leo-J)

Leo-J Likes Lady Gaga like me

Hmmm...

Ok I've decided and I vote for Soriku. He also likes Bleach and I don't actually know much about Leo J so Soriku has my vote.

Soriku

I do have extreme doubts about the standards imposed by this tournament.

For example, some threads were open for four days, while others got like 20 hours at most (and no, Seece, I am not saying this because I'm angry about my loss as you would have most likely said).

And I don't think it's fair for this contest to be moderated by someone who insults one of the contestants and bans people from participating out of pure spite.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:

I do have extreme doubts about the standards imposed by this tournament.

For example, some threads were open for four days, while others got like 20 hours at most (and no, Seece, I am not saying this because I'm angry about my loss as you would have most likely said).

And I don't think it's fair for this contest to be moderated by someone who insults one of the contestants and bans people from participating out of pure spite.

I havn't banned anyone yet, nor insulted, so stop making shit up dtewi. Also some threads stay open later I admit, most are dead after a day and it doesn't sway the contest in any users way so it's not a problem, I do have a life outside of VGC.

Leo J

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Soriku

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I always seem to dislike leo j's comments........so my vote is for soriku

This takes me back a few years when the PS3 was really doing it tough. So I have to vote for Leo-J for all the epic threads at a time when it was popular to hate on Sony.