By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Shenmue City Announced - PC exclusive

The third Shenmue game has been announced at last! Sega is currently developing Shenmue City for Yahoo! Japan and DeNA's new Yahoo! Mobage service.

Yahoo! Mobage is a PC-based social games service that saw its grand opening today. The service was running in beta since September 21. The name combines Yahoo!'s name with the name of DeNA's hugely popular "Mobagetown" mobile service.

Shenmue City was listed by Yahoo! Japan and DeNA today as one of the premier titles for the new service. A press release from the two firms says that Shenmue City is the first entry in the Shenmue series in 8 years and will be released this Winter.

The release refers to the game as "the third entry" in the series, although this probably isn't meant to mean that it's Shenmue III.

Shenmue City will feature alongside such games as One Million Person Ambition of Nobunaga from Tecmo Koei and Persona Social from Atlus on the new service. Yahoo and DeNA say they have over 100 titles lined up, including games from Electronic Arts' Playfish brand.

To sample Yahoo! Mobage for yourself, visit the portal site.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409473

It also continues that story of the other Shenmue games

Around the Network

Shenmue is one of the most boring games I have ever played.

It's also the game that bankrupted SEGA.

dobby985 said:

It's also the game that bankrupted SEGA.

Alot of people would disagree with your first sentence. I personally never played the game back in the day,but I remember watching someone that did. lol

Mwahahahaha!

noname2200 said:

Mwahahahaha!

That's what Lan Di said.

But Ryo was too busy messing around with kittens and toy capsule machines to notice.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network
Gnac said:
noname2200 said:

Mwahahahaha!

That's what Lan Di said.

But Ryo was too busy messing around with kittens and toy capsule machines to notice.

Fortunately, in the end Ryo finally found himself some sailors.

Shenmue is one of my favorite games of all time. Granted I don't have a Dream Cast any more but still I loved that game back in the day. I was always looking for a Shenmue replacement but never found it. This is not going to be a true Shenmue game.  I think Sega should just give everyone what they want, give us the real Shenmue 3.

dobby985 said:

Saturn and Dreamcast bankrupted SEGA.

Fixed

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Shio you should have posted a thread about Farmville.... did you ?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

axumblade said:

Oh shio.....this is a new low. :P

yeah, this!

And how did Shenmue bankrupted Sega? Sega still exists. They just stopped manufacturing consoles

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...