By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Anyone play Minecraft?

Serious_frusting said:

Yh but the problem is when a game looks that bad i cannot get into it

The game is in alpha

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
the_bloodwalker said:
Serious_frusting said:

that game looks like one hot mess

the game has no story, you make it as you go. There is no ending either.

But the way that the game makes you change how you play depending on the place you are is amazing.

I am going to build another shelter. I'm too far away now

really? I really like how it looks most of the time, the zombies might need some work tho. You can get different textures if you would prefer. But the game will always be made out of big blocks.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Um yea you could say I like LOVE minecrack.

I put in around 40 hours in the first 10 days i owned this game. It's incredable!

Multiplayer servers are ok but i don't like to play them atm as they are not real survivor mode. There is no damage on them yet, so i stick to single player. But if VGC made one i would join.

The game was made by one man, Notch, but he has hired like 4 or so more people and started a company since. Valve has flown him out to there offices and I think they have tried to recruit him. But he lives in sweeden and turned it down. The guys at valve have been playing the game like crazy, i expect a portal 2 delay...=0)

The games graphics are what they are and eventhough the games in an Alpha state the graphics are not going to change much, although you can get skin packs that make it look much better. If your a graphic whore this might not be ther game for you. If you are that graphics whore then i feel sorry for you. Your short sighted need for uber graphic will cost you to miss an amazing game and has probibly done so for you in the past im sure.

This game has caused me to do something i have always wanted to do but have been  too intimidated to do in the past. I have started a yourtube let's play of a game with commentary lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K-uBrGXKW4

Oh and also check this out is funny as hell. http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/28/we-made-a-minecraft-cover-for-notch/

I can't take it anymore!  I'm sick of watching all the awesome videos and just playing the free version.  I need zombies!  I'm buying it right now!

Okay what do I do?

I've played the free version a little bit, and loved it, but now I'm about to get SERIOUS AS HELL with this thing.

http://www.minecraft.net/ (You can play the free version there or buy the "full" alpha with survival mode.)

To buy it you just go on the minecraft sight and buy it with paypal. It's $10 euro and thats about $13 US.

Once you buy it you own it and can dowload/redownload as much as you like. When you start the game up you sign in using your usename/pw and you good to go.

Welcome to Minecrack, try not to lose your gf/wife/job/lfe.

BTW the free version don't have survivol so now when it gets dark you better be in some kind of shelter with some tourches lol.

Have fun.

Around the Network

BTW I have made a semi official Minecraft thread a while ago for people to talk about the game.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=117157

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Kage848 said:

Um yea you could say I like LOVE minecrack.

I put in around 40 hours in the first 10 days i owned this game. It's incredable!

Multiplayer servers are ok but i don't like to play them atm as they are not real survivor mode. There is no damage on them yet, so i stick to single player. But if VGC made one i would join.

The game was made by one man, Notch, but he has hired like 4 or so more people and started a company since. Valve has flown him out to there offices and I think they have tried to recruit him. But he lives in sweeden and turned it down. The guys at valve have been playing the game like crazy, i expect a portal delay...=0)

The games graphics are what they are and eventhough the games in an Alpha state the graphics are not going to change much, although you can get skin packs that make it look much better. If your a graphic whore this might not be ther game for you. If you are that graphics whore then i feel sorry for you. Your short sighted need for uber graphic will cost you to miss an amazing game and has probibly done so for you in the past im sure.

This game has caused me to do something i have always wanted to do but have been  too intimidated to do in the past. I have started a yourtube let's play of a game with commentary lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K-uBrGXKW4

I like your videos BTW or at least the first one, might watch the others another time.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Thank you. I'm trying to make them interesting lol.

I couldn't get over the HD graphics.

Serious_frusting said:
the_bloodwalker said:
Serious_frusting said:

that game looks like one hot mess

the game has no story, you make it as you go. There is no ending either.

But the way that the game makes you change how you play depending on the place you are is amazing.

I am going to build another shelter. I'm too far away now

It doesn't look "bad" by any means. The art direction is really beautiful when you're actually playing the game. It has a unique charm to it.

But yeah, I love Minecraft. I'm working on a glass sky garden right now. Why do all games with 'craft' in their name have to be so addicting?