By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
disolitude said:

no jetpacks = fail!

Kilzone and halo are doing it...

Does Marcus even know how to use a jetpack?

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
disolitude said:

no jetpacks = fail!

He doesnt have to, he can just put a flamethrower on his back and go with teeh floow XD

tuscaniman said:

Multiplayer vs Multiplayer. Pre-Beta vs Finished Product.

/end graphics debate

It's not really end of the debate, Gears still has time to get better.

Aldro said:
richardhutnik said:
disolitude said:

no jetpacks = fail!

He doesnt have to, he can just put a flamethrower on his back and go with teeh floow XD

Feylic said:
tuscaniman said:

Multiplayer vs Multiplayer. Pre-Beta vs Finished Product.

/end graphics debate

It's not really end of the debate, Gears still has time to get better.

It did ended the debate. Anyone not wearing there fanboy shades can plainly see that Gears has better textures, color, AND LIGHTIHNG.  While watching the videos I was like they kinda look the same even though gears was a bit cleaner, but when I saw the section where Marcus was holding the awsome pink lancer thats where the debate ended.

The only reason why sony fanboys are so reluctant to admit that Gears of War 3 looks better is because for the past year they kept saying "Xbox can handle Uncharted 2 visuals." And now when Gears is still ONE YEAR from relase and it looks better they are getting butt hurt so bad that doctors cant even help them.

And to the guy arguing about meta get a life. Meta meant nothing anymore when MW2 scored a 94 and batman arkham asylum got a 92.

Around the Network
Aldro said:

They wouldnt have answered that question. They would simply have done what they always do, refer to reviews.

Gamereactor has given Killzone 2 a 10/10 and Gears 2 a 9/10. So no mate, dont assure me anything xDD.

(Killzone 1 got 9/10, Gears 1 got 8/10)
Shocking maybe? xDD Or maybe god forbid, they enjoy Killzone over Gears?

I made a mistake :/? Theres a hot topic on Gamereactor forums and people are arguing about graphics so I just asked the damn editors for their opinion. Hows that wrong ^^. Curiosity and its their damn job. They know what they're talking about or atleast thats how I see it.

Did they seriously rate the first Killzone higher than the first Gears?

I know reviews are supposed to be a personal opinion but thats just wrong on so many different levels.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Lets for a minute say that Gears 3 indeed will be better looking than Uncharted 2.

Good to see the xbox is getting Uncharted 2 visuals in mid 2011.. when Uncharted 2 released in 2009.
Although we'll have to wait to 2013 to see Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 visuals on the 360, no? XD.

Honestly though, I don't find Gears 3 that different looking from Gears 2 aside from more colour. Pretty much the same goes with Killzone 2 and Killzone 3. (All of this is my opinion only, so HA! :D)

Let's just wait for the game to release before bringing our hopes up, regardless of what game it is and what videos we see.

On another note, Less than 25 days for Gran Turismo 5! XD (Sorry just had to share my joy since we're talking graphics and all).

Mendicate Bias said:
Aldro said:

They wouldnt have answered that question. They would simply have done what they always do, refer to reviews.

Gamereactor has given Killzone 2 a 10/10 and Gears 2 a 9/10. So no mate, dont assure me anything xDD.

(Killzone 1 got 9/10, Gears 1 got 8/10)
Shocking maybe? xDD Or maybe god forbid, they enjoy Killzone over Gears?

I made a mistake :/? Theres a hot topic on Gamereactor forums and people are arguing about graphics so I just asked the damn editors for their opinion. Hows that wrong ^^. Curiosity and its their damn job. They know what they're talking about or atleast thats how I see it.

I know reviews are supposed to be a personal opinion but thats just wrong on so many different levels.

I know, I was shocked too to be honest. But the truth is, there are A LOT of people who ADORED killzone 1 and A LOT who hated it with a passion. I didn't know GR was one of them until I checked on it just now. I read the review and they weren't really all that off :P. Different standards back then but according to them, they really enjoyed playing it.

toastboy44562 said:

-Better graphics than Uncharted 2

I doubt that but even if it does,it would've been 2 yrs since the game released :P

Aldro said:
Mendicate Bias said:

I know, I was shocked too to be honest. But the truth is, there are A LOT of people who ADORED killzone 1 and A LOT who hated it with a passion. I didn't know GR was one of them until I checked on it just now. I read the review and they weren't really all that off :P. Different standards back then but according to them, they really enjoyed playing it.

From what I remember of the original Killzone it was way behind on a ton of features in comparison to other games in the same genre when it released. The game was missing a lot of simple features that had become standard at the time for console shooters, like the ability to move when scoped in with the sniper rifle. Not to mention the game was very buggy/glitchy. Thats probably cause it was rushed out since I remember them touting it as the "Halo Killer".

On the other hand Gears completely changed the landscape for third person shooters on a console with its cover system, split screen and online co-op and multiplayer.

So basically what I'm saying was that Gears advanced its genre while the original Killzone was missing features already standard in shooters at that time.

It might seem like I'm being harsh but to give the original Killzone a 9 is just weird and completely questionable when you see that they gave Gears an 8.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers