By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox360 selling quicker than the original Xbox

Xbox360 selling quicker than the original Xbox

A quick comparison of sales from launch shows that in two years from launch Xbox360 managed to sell 14.1 million units compared to 10.9 million for the original Xbox.

http://digg.com/xbox/Xbox360_selling_quicker_than_the_original_Xbox

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=XB&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&weeks=156 

Around the Network

If you're going to do something like this at least post a chart or link to a table or something.

yep and it deserves to sell better it has so many awesome games,i think it will do 40 mil at the end

It doesn't take a huge measure of success to beat the overly unimpressive sales of the X-box. The sales seem only slightly higher, I don't think the lifetime sales of the 360 will be legendary either.

I think the expanded numbers are more a result of the expansion of the video game market as a whole than anything else. Not that that's a bad thing, because it means higher-quality games and increased developer support all around. But MS really isn't doing much different this time around.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

The big difference this time is the games library.

And the X360 will sell for a few years longer than XB1.

Considering the price and the games, this console should make a lot better than this (particularly in 2007)

Whatever, using the same chart, u can find why the Xbox360 will lose versus the PS3

Time to Work !

YOu have a 350 console versuses a 200 dollar so its doing quite well

should last longer then xbox since they will make money off it.

Should hit 35-40 million by console end which is pretty good

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

it should be selling better because it has better games and videomarketplace should make some people think about buying one

Lost - IMO, the X360 should hit more than 40m, provided MS is actually smart about price drops, and keeps the drops coming with launches of major games.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.