By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - We should be able to quote people in news editorials and close our own topi

hum,

1/ why not ....

2/ I m not able to fing anything against it, so why not

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Why don't u PM Ioi instead of making a thread about this?!

THE NETHERLANDS

yea..good ideas, but as starcraftmaniac says, just PM ioi.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

you got me vote

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

News pages are for quick comments, generally we don't want those cluttered with lots of extra code in there.

Having thread starters be able to close their own topics would be open to all kinds of forum abuse. Every time someone starts losing an argument or something they could just close the thread and cut everyone off. The mods can handle that kind of thing.

Around the Network

i think quoting on news is a good idea but the topic creator to lock is own topic i disagree with

DKII said:
News pages are for quick comments, generally we don't want those cluttered with lots of extra code in there.

Having thread starters be able to close their own topics would be open to all kinds of forum abuse. Every time someone starts losing an argument or something they could just close the thread and cut everyone off. The mods can handle that kind of thing.

yep,but what should be done is to edit the topics title

Editing topic titles has been in the works for awhile but got bogged down a bit during the server move.

Soriku - I don't really see the need for something like that, just report the thread and ask a mod to close it in the comment box, it'll usually take less than 10 minutes that way anyway. ;>