By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

It's back up, though both of my player profiles have been deleted.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

yea about to chime in its back up minor corruption, but the world seems fine, still reviewing computer logs to see what caused it. as its headless, I tried to patch it into a spare display and add a keyboard to see if i could get away without a hard boot, no dice.

both worlds back up now

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

so first the server is up and fine. ... be very careful what you try and do when your working on reaching my network if you try to rdp in you get blacklisted by IP right now it looks like.

till i can get back into my router this wont change, I had enabled Snort and was tweeking the settings, and seemed to have blocked myself from the the network ... I wont be able to fix the problem until the AM... its possible minecraft may become blocked as well for policy violations as i was not far enough along yet to finnish setting up allowed list

back up and reachable. man going to have to really read more about Snort before i ratched up my security 

running a test from now till i either get fed up or i right before i leave for work in the pm, expect to have to try and connect multiple times, trying to see what rules are causing it, and i need fire wall hits on each rule in SNORT to fix the login issues and further secure the network.

I finally tamed a tuxedo cat! I now have all three colors! =D

I'm currently waiting for my new tuxedo kitten to grow up so I can breed and get more tuxedos.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Oh, and I've found my first two wolves now, too, so I'm breeding those as well. Time to start building enclosures for them. I think they'll be wings off of my big castle.

SW-5120-1900-6153

okay so i am done with my test for now, seems the minecraft authentication servers got black listed during the test, however due to insufficient description i am unsure which ones they were… a lot of bad stuff got blocked. so we need to find out what the authentication server IPs are so i can white list them.

let me know if you have any issues tonight should work fine, with the occasional time out on login, heavy logging is on but block list is off, so at worst it will refuse you but will not blacklist you as it was doing in the AM

It would appear one of the authentication servers did not get blacklisted, because if I kept trying, I would eventually get through.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
It would appear one of the authentication servers did not get blacklisted, because if I kept trying, I would eventually get through.

looking into it they use amazon host now so more than one IP,  each one was getting blacklisted after one login, sometimes a gamers home IP as well. I had also placed a time out on the black list so when i was remote after set time i could get in and work on it. right now i am asking some guys in the pfsense forums some questions about settings to see if i can better handle this... and until then except for testing i will leave blcklist off

so i think i have a solution, however to test i need people to login twice, and note the exact time of the first login (eastern). if it works both times you should be set. If you fail the second time shoot me that time and your public IP in a PM,

edited for clarity