By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

I've kept an eye out for cocoa beans so many times. That stuff's hard to find.

They won't be "rare" in 1.4, but they'll still be fairly uncommon. Apples take a bit of work to come by still.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
thetonestarr said:
I've kept an eye out for cocoa beans so many times. That stuff's hard to find.

They won't be "rare" in 1.4, but they'll still be fairly uncommon. Apples take a bit of work to come by still.

i get about 4 apples or so when i clean out my tree farm i think its either 25 or 16 trees, not much but enough to have a small store, im looking into how to grow the bean pods, to start a farm for them. spent a good deal of time renovating my vanila server base 

and another server update, they wont leave it even if i sign the waver, so im having to pick it up friday morning.... pain, but what can you do... testing and making live asap though i want to tinker with my tower, and cant do that while hosting 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I saw a cool cocoa bean farm. it had pillars with cocoa beans growing on each block and then when they were all grown, you press a button and unleash a stream of water which knocks down all the beans for you to collect.

so bad news on the server being back up guys. I picked up the motherboard MSI sent as a replacement today and it was in a beat to hell box, when i opened it the board looked okay, but the socket protecter was off, i thought must have jarred loose in shipping.... after all hooked up powered up nothing happened.... checked cables.. light was on on the motherboard power button but no where else. shut down powered off unplugged re plugged everything. swapped psus just in case this time, same thing, only white smoke and a pop with a burning smell... so placing a new RMA.... the submission said the serial number was invalid, but thats whats on there, so ill send them a photo ... though that may slow things down. Im hopping it did not damage the cpu the server uses or the stick of ram that was in for testing.... that said im a bit pissed right now with MSI... and its going to be about 3-4 weeks from today before the normal server returns.... i hope we can get it back up for the 2 year anniversary... i had just bought new noctua fans to replace the coolermaster fans on its tower cooler.... depending on the reply from MSI monday/tuesday i may just buy a new motherboard ..... i was holding of on building a windows server for my place until the next socket came out, but i suppose i could keep everything on lga 1155 .... need to find a good mATX board... with all 4 pin headers...

man that's lousy.

I've been playing Borderlands 2 this week. There's a small Minecraft area in the game, where you have to dig through some dirt and find yourself inside some cave infested with Creepers, full of coal, a little gold, and some Eridium (Borderlands element) blocks.

If you kill the Badass Creeper in there, he drops a Minecraft head skin for the Commando (which I play as), and a Minecraft body skin for the Siren.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I've been working my regular job by day and working at night on our entry to Valve's second video competition which is due early next month.

It really hasn't left me much time to be doing other stuff. I do miss minecraft : /

Ive been on a lot more recently on both nibiru and on waterworld, more so on sundays. really hopping to have the server back on its own box for the two year anniversary of the server being public. oct 13th but that may be a stretch... as i have not heard back from MSI on the second RMA yet....

spent last sunday riding the pumpkin subway and fixing what i could fix and noting what i could not. its still an awesome line just needs a little patching

I don't think I've explored all of the subways yet.

That reminds me of when I found the old abandoned system and started exploring that. It's funny how creepy it was to do.

IllegalPaladin said:
I don't think I've explored all of the subways yet.

That reminds me of when I found the old abandoned system and started exploring that. It's funny how creepy it was to do.

spawn island has a lot of forgotten areas  from our early players and a project or two i stopped. really look fwd to getting the map up agian when i have the mobo back

I don't know what you've done, but last time I played, it was really buggy and frustrating, and today I got on and there were no problems at all.

Namely, I'm able to fly smoothly again, and WorldEdit works properly (or at least, properly enough for what I need).

I also am nearly complete with Borderlands 2 (only 5 achievements remain), so I very probably will be spending more time on the server again.

SW-5120-1900-6153