By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

updated to 1.2.5

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

If the server is genuinely updated, you do NOT need to update your client in order to play. I'm running 1.2.4 but I'm on the server right now, still rockin' my mods.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
If the server is genuinely updated, you do NOT need to update your client in order to play. I'm running 1.2.4 but I'm on the server right now, still rockin' my mods.

yes it is up todate, but its a minor release. 

Yeah, there are no new content updates; only feature updates and bugfixes. So client updating is unnecessary.

SW-5120-1900-6153

updated some plugings, bigger new change in plan with comcast which see my upload speed cap at 10 megs now and not 5.5 right now 8.8 is the normal speed should help if we ever see high load again. per http://canihostaminecraftserver.com/ i should be able to host 27 at the same time up from 17, (though i think 10 0r 11 is the most we have ever hosted)

Around the Network

Hey Forest, where you been? I wanna see your castle get finished!

SW-5120-1900-6153

We were making good progress on our tower and we just sort of stopped cold in our tracks, on the snow layer no less.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back into Minecraft here shortly.

While EVERYBODY has been away, I've been rocking out all sorts of new stuff. It's been frustrating not having anybody to show them off to. >=(

Also, I upgraded my video card from an HD4670 with 256MB GDDR4 to an HD6770 with 1GB GDDR5. Finally, I can utilize the full power of my computer WITH my 1080p monitor! Before, the lacking video memory meant OUTRAGEOUS system resource usage since I ran out of video memory very easily. With the old video card, I was idling at usually about 40% CPU usage and 50% memory usage, but now I'm idling at 2-5% CPU usage (where it's supposed to idle) and currently 36% memory (but that's partially because I have a lot of it currently dedicated).

Anyhow, this means I can now run MC at 1080p smoothly. ^_^

SW-5120-1900-6153

Starting testing of new advanced griefer protection plugins. We will test them for two or three days and if all goes smoothly, we will begin advertising the server once again.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Decided I wanted to rework my obsidian pagoda-esque thing. Rather pleased with the way it's resulted.

SW-5120-1900-6153