By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

updated dynmap to render high res check it out @ nibirucraft.dyndns.org:8123

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

Holy crap it looks amazing!

Yes! No more "shading based on height", and look at that detail!

SW-5120-1900-6153

so its till rendering nibiru, all the other maps are done, granted ts now on cave view, but it only started that at 6:05 pm est... the renders started around midnight.

also chatting there should be a bit more history viewable for longer now still kinda borked but works better. and an off-line player position list..... only works after you loggin/off after the change... not tested yet but should work

edit some other changes are incoming, but are still delayed by a lack of bukkit update. soon though soon.

so unexpected effect i have had to move the server off the SSD which will slow things down a bit. I had to do this as the new size of all the files is now 25gb (was 2.75gb) and separating out the maps from each world is a pain. this moves a new 128 or 256 SSD to the top of the procurement list

Around the Network

What caused the change?

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
What caused the change?

the move form low res map to the high def, it was a major boost in size far more than i expected.... i thought i may have funds for it before january but the monitor failed this morning, going to have to replace it first, took it apart to se if it was blown caps to see if it was something easy to fix.. no such luck. 

That reminds me. I have a monitor that I need to fix that I'm pretty sure just has blown caps in it. Fixed another of my monitors a long time ago like that.

I won't ever be USING said monitor, probably. I have no need for it whatsoever because I'm in the process of upgrading, myself, to all 23-inch 1080p monitors. Eventually, I'll be running dual 23-inchers on my main system, and I'm going to upgrade my wife to one on her system as well.

First of those monitors just came UPS today. Haven't been able to toy with it yet but I'm super excited to get home and do that. ^_^

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
That reminds me. I have a monitor that I need to fix that I'm pretty sure just has blown caps in it. Fixed another of my monitors a long time ago like that.

I won't ever be USING said monitor, probably. I have no need for it whatsoever because I'm in the process of upgrading, myself, to all 23-inch 1080p monitors. Eventually, I'll be running dual 23-inchers on my main system, and I'm going to upgrade my wife to one on her system as well.

First of those monitors just came UPS today. Haven't been able to toy with it yet but I'm super excited to get home and do that. ^_^

yea mine was 1920*1200 24inch samsung syncmaster.... was really hoping it would be caps......  not sure if ill stick with that or go for 2 1920*1080... the 1920*1200 are still in the 300 dollar ball park and the 1080p (or the ones i want) are 200

My monitor, on Newegg, was on sale for $170. Only 2ms lag, 50,000,000:1 contrast ratio, etc. I'd definitely recommend it.

Played last night on the monitor and it was INCREDIBLE. I'm going to LOVE using it.

Speaking of playing, I've been playing mostly legit on Tiamat. I've spawned a few things, but not building materials, usually not tools (if it IS tools, it's only for a quick usage and I get rid of it after), and I'm farming to get food.

Right now, I have a very crowded chicken farm and I just started a wheat farm. I'm getting ready to put glass over top of the wheat plots themselves so they don't get trampled, but I need to find some more coal before I can because I've used all my coal otherwise.

SW-5120-1900-6153