By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Semi Official VGChartz Minecraft Thread

alright while working on repairing griefing, i had to reboot the world it corrupted nibiru, i had to fail back to 3 am save.

also the nethers are gone till i can fix some issues witht  hem

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

built the Eiffel Tower. nbd.

SW-5120-1900-6153

China's copying Knoxville!

SW-5120-1900-6153

noooo... well they will need to be on the simpsons to match our greatness

No news about Minecraft, but the initial court decision is that Mojang can keep using their Scrolls name,

And I've got a million projects going on.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I was reading about it and it seemed like their trademark of the word scrolls encompasses tons of ways to use the word in that The Elder Scrolls would infringe on it.

Is that true or not, I don't know, but that's what I had read.

No, that's what one journalist tried saying about it to generate some hits, since it was nothing new to say bad things about Bethesda on the situation, but to turn it around and say that it really IS Mojang to blame here after all? Holy crap that'd get thousands of views!

Mojang has stated that they're absolutely willing to drop their trademark application if the legal implications could potentially be the problem, and Bethesda ignored that and kept going.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Interesting. Well okay then.

Minecraft is now under a code freeze - meaning new features cannot be developed from here on out until the official release of the game itself.

Features CAN still be improved upon, but the main focus from here until 11/18 is bugfixing.

Now, while there's a code freeze and new features aren't allowed to be DEVELOPED, there are quite a few new features that have already BEEN developed and just aren't released yet.

These new features include:

-Improvements to the Nether
-The new sky realm, The End
-A PLETHORA of new mobs
-Enchantments
-Potions
-Boss fights

And, of course, there are a TON of features included inside each of THOSE.

Nether improvements:
-Nether brick
-Nether stairs
-Nether half-slabs
-Nether ruined villages

The End:
-Special world that contains a whole new type of block, last I knew you can't take it out of there yet
-Currently, that's about it AFAIK.
-There are a LOT of other things that were at least planned for it last I checked
-Tricky to get into

New mobs:
-Snow golem - a craftable mob that throws snowballs at other mobs
-A couple Nether mobs
-Enderdragons!

Enchantments:
-I don't know much about this one, but I know individual items can be "enchanted" to have special abilities. All the various tools can be enchanted, and probably the weapons too.

Potions:
-Supposedly there are going to be over 1500 craftable potions, ranging from "useless" to "nigh on godlike".

Boss fights:
-Not sure if these are going to be special new mobs or just oversized, over-powerful classic mobs. But they're going to be special mobs that can only be found in certain places and have to be fought there, then after killed will drop sweet rewards.

SW-5120-1900-6153

server will be slow today due to a two crahses involving world edit of the tower and not just the server im running some tests on some adjustments, i do not expect and more crashes just that the server will be slow till im done. sorry about this but it is needed so we dont have issues down the road.

im also working on revised rights i thought i would be done by now but ive still got some bugs to work out shooting for monday next week