By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - First Vanquish Review : And it's Good

If only the PC version wasn't cancelled *sobs* maybe when I get a PS3 I will pick it up, It looks so damn fantastic and fun. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

Played the demo and thought it was fantastic, a trully fresh take on the TPS genre .After Bayonetta killed DMC , Vanquish kills the lost planet franchise ,Mikami is really humiliating Capcom , IMO.

Day one.

good thing I picked this for one of my must-buys

I hope it does well, demo was fun. Quality new IP needs support for developers to stay off the sequel bandwagon, or at least have one foot off it.

Unfortunately it probably won't be one of the new IP I personally support this gen, but I am doing my fair share: Valkyria Chronicles, InFamous, Demon's Souls, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, [probably] Enslaved, Flower, Pixeljunk Monsters, Folklore (couldn't find it new though), Heavy Rain, Mirror's Edge...Actually there's been a lot of excellent new IP this gen, and a decent amount of it (on all consoles) has sold very well. I think 80% of my games for PS3 are new IP this gen. Glad it hasn't all been sequelitis.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Games have done it again and and  Shinji Mikami is defentlly one of the top 5 game makers out there. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Around the Network
johnglen said:

Played the demo and thought it was fantastic, a trully fresh take on the TPS genre .After Bayonetta killed DMC , Vanquish kills the lost planet franchise ,Mikami is really humiliating Capcom , IMO.

Day one.

Platinum Games really seem to be showing CACOM that closing CLOVER STUDIOS was a big mistake.

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

Cool. I can't wait till it comes out.

zarx said:

If only the PC version wasn't cancelled *sobs* maybe when I get a PS3 I will pick it up, It looks so damn fantastic and fun. 

Maybe its best it was cancelled. You never know with Pc versions/Console ports.

Darksiders, Dead Rising 2, Transformers...all may as well be played on consoles. None of them support any sort of PC benefits like 3D vision, Physx or surround monitors...

Games like Mafia 2 and Red Faction Gerrilla on the other hand turned out great.

You never know whatcha gonna get with console ports...lol

I did'nt care for the demo. I could'nt even bother to finish it. I just did'nt like the look of the game.

disolitude said:
zarx said:

Maybe its best it was cancelled. You never know with Pc versions/Console ports.

Darksiders, Dead Rising 2, Transformers...all may as well be played on consoles. None of them support any sort of PC benefits like 3D vision, Physx or surround monitors...

Games like Mafia 2 and Red Faction Gerrilla on the other hand turned out great.

You never know whatcha gonna get with console ports...lol

as a PC gamer with an ATI card and a single monitor I don't care about those benifits. But a fast passed action shooter seems like a perfect fit for the PC to me...

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!