By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dev hints at PSP2 release window in 6 months!

M.U.G.E.N said:
ElGranCabeza said:

What? Either way it's very very very unlikely that it'll come close to matching the 3DS's lineup.

Why? did you see the future? again Have you seen the current and upcoming line up for the current gen PSP? It's a very solid line up of games with lots of great titles...and we have absolutely NO info about the psp2. Just rumors and specualtion on the HW let alone the SW for it. So no this is more or less wishful or blind thinking on your part. Do yourself a favor and go look at the psp game line up for 2010/11. IF psp2 laun next year that list will ONLY get better

That's a flawed way of thinking. Saying the PSP2 or will sell millions is the same as saying the N64 and GC will have a great lineup because the SNES and NES had a great lineup or the PS3 will sell 100 million because the PS1 and PS2 easily did it.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

It actually sold 62 million, but who's counting? The 3DS has literally taken the PSP's lunch though, ohh you have MGSPW on PSP? We'll take that and give you MGS3DS. You got a mainline KH game? We'll take that and give you what possibly is KH3. You got Persona? We'll give you that. FF? No problem.  Street Fighter? Yep. The PSP2 is in deep shit no matter what.

Like I said. Over 60 Million... And still going. This site counts it, and pretty much everyone on the site counts it.

Who cares if the 3DS has big games? Look at what the PSP had in its opening years compared to the DS... GTA and MGS to name a couple.

Where is the 3DS' Monster Hunter?

Capcom won't announce MH3DS until after MHP3 is out, they learned their lesson with RE4. Again the PSP2 is not the PSP, I won't be surprised to see a 3D GTA, possibly LCS, VCS and SAS on 3DS. Also, if you remember, EA had Dragon Age mobile and Dead Space 2 mobile coming out Spring 2011 for a "handheld", i.e., the 3DS.

ElGranCabeza said:

Capcom won't announce MH3DS until after MHP3 is out, they learned their lesson with RE4. Again the PSP2 is not the PSP, I won't be surprised to see a 3D GTA, possibly LCS, VCS and SAS on 3DS. Also, if you remember, EA had Dragon Age mobile and Dead Space 2 mobile coming out Spring 2011 for a "handheld", i.e., the 3DS.

You're impossible. Just please, try to stop being so biased.

We know absolutely nothing about the PSP2. We don't know what games it will have. We don't know what features it will have. We know seriously nothing about it.

Stop trying to make out that it has nothing. What will you do if it ends up becoming the new must have iPhone-like gadget?

Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

We know absolutely nothing about the PSP2. We don't know what games it will have. We don't know what features it will have. We know seriously nothing about it.

Stop trying to make out that it has nothing. What will you do if it ends up becoming the new must have iPhone-like gadget?

I'll buy one, no scratch that, I'll buy 2 of them.

Now you tell me, what do you honestly think the chances of that happening are? And what is the chance that the 3DS is gonna sell like hot cakes?

ElGranCabeza said:

Now you tell me, what do you honestly think the chances of that happening are? And what is the chance that the 3DS is gonna sell like hot cakes?

Cool. Good for you.

I don't know the chances... Because as I've said to you... We know absolutely nothing about it.

You're annoying me now so I'm going to stop replying to you.

Around the Network
ElGranCabeza said:
Carl2291 said:
ElGranCabeza said:

99% chance.

I won't give 100% because your sentence isn't awesome enough.

Putting press conference with official PSP2 lineup and price annoucment a day or two before Nintendo releases 3DS would be smart move.

Especially if it's cheaper than 3DS.

Actually there's good chance Sony handheld will be cheaper. Nintendo will never accept minimal profit margin or slight loses on handheld. Sony especially if device is well protected against piracy and puts even more emphasis at DD titles could afford to sell at small lose.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

funny picture

anyways i hope it comes out soon i need a new phone and PSP2 phone sounds awesome or else i will be getting the HTC android phone. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

That picture... something about that picture... looks familar?

hehe

Carl2291 said:

Its the same reason why you don't have to know anything about how a pokemon clone might actually play before giving a pretty good guess on how the sales will likely turn out relative to pokemon.

With the 3DS we know that the exclusivity the PSP had with certain genres and styles of games are over as the 3DS is most certainly a 3D handheld. We also know that it is the sequel and compatible with the most powerful (market terms) handheld gaming system ever released.

So whilst its not impossible that the PSP2 is going to sell well relative to the 3DS, the bets are going one way at this point. I wonder if current PSP owners will find out that the PSP2 isn't backwards compatible in time for the 3DS launch.

Yes. It might be a must have iPhone like gadget. However only two companies in recent times have made these gadgets, Nintendo and Apple. Sony isn't either one of them. Its not that much difference to wondering whether the new Samsung 7" tablet will sell well relative to the iPad.

Tease.