By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Don't like the 3DS price? Well it's your damn fault!

Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata.

Did you find yourself bubbling with excitement when Nintendo first showed the 3DS at E3 earlier this year? If you answered yes, then you may have contributed to the system's final price.

As reported at Bloomberg, Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata explained the price decision during an analysts meeting yesterday. Someone suggested that the system's price tag of ¥25,000 yen might be on the high side. Iwata responded that the the price was set by considering a number of factors, including reactions to the system's E3 reveal.

The lesson is, next time Nintendo shows some sweet new hardware, act unimpressed! Please pass the message along to these guys.

Iwata also told analysts that the company's original fiscal outlook was created with the plan to release the 3DS within the calendar year. However, they ended up setting the release to February after considering such areas as supply chains and the product's level of completion.

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/30/3ds_price/

==============

Lolz I cannot imagine anyone NOT being all excited about the 3DS after getting hands on at E3.

Around the Network

As Rol said. Nintendo knows that the 3DS will fly off shelves. So to make sure you get the optimum sales figures release the hardware at a higher price. This weeds out the casuals and non-gamers. I can guarantee that the people buying 3DS at 300$ are most likely to buy a number of software titles!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I will never spend $300 on a handheld device. Wayyy too much imo. Wait a minute, is it possible sony could release PSP2 cheaper than the 3ds? ^o^

If so then i might end up buying PSP2 instead of 3ds.

SpartenOmega117 said:

I will never spend $300 on a handheld device. Wayyy too much imo. Wait a minute, is it possible sony could release PSP2 cheaper than the 3ds? ^o^

It's not going to release at 300 bucks.

Also, on topic:

arrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Khuutra said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

It's not going to release at 300 bucks.

Also, on topic:

arrrrrrrrrrrrgh

I really hope 3DS releases for maybe $200. Then that would be a day 1 buy for me.

Around the Network

Now you can all thank the Wii haters for bringing its price down.  The Wii would have been $400 if people didn't make fun of it's name and claim it was a gimmick that would never catch on.

@voty2000  what are you on??? Only a fool would have bought last gen tech for 400 bucks. that would have been insane for Nintendo to do. I dont even think Gamecube retailed for that much when it first came out

@oniyide It was a joke.  The OP makes a claim that the 3DS price went up due to the praise it has recieved.  The Wii was mocked by many so if the OP is true, the Wii price would have been higher if it recieved more praise. 

Well that's nice.

SpartenOmega117 said:

If there is one thing the PS3 should have taught you, it's spend a little extra on the better device, for a happier future. Buy once cry one brother.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.