By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MOVE - 300,000 Units Sold in First Ten Days!

Not bad. I will have to keep an ear out to how this one performs. Its has never been about what Move can do, it has always been about what Sony and others can do to make Move work for you the buyer.

Tease.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
So if I buy a camera to play Uno and somebody else buys a second Wand, we combine like Voltron to equal one Move sale? 

No. Just 25% of this cases are count like Move sales... the others 75% are PSEye with one person and second Wand with other.

Severance said:
Slimebeast said:

So the number of actual Move controller units (the thing with a ball) is even higher than 300K? (since VGC adjusts the numbers to make them comparable with Kinect).

That was sweet!

And i can't explain it better what I meant.

People are considering those numbers good....

Huh. 

I wouldn't... but ok.

CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:

Huh. 

I wouldn't... but ok.

Well, good in the sense that this was supposed to start off rather slow, and though the numbers aren't spectacular, it's off to a relatively good start. It's future will depend on word of mouth (which as it satnds is great right now) and strong software. Considering the current software isn't the best the device is going to see, the numbers are probably what Sony expected. What you or I think is irelevant.

Eh, I'm just saying.  300,000 seems... low. 

It DEFINITLY will need to keep up on the legs... otherwise... the support will die off.

I mean, you probably need at least a 5-10 million userbase to sustain a healthy software profile don't you think?

It's basically developing for a whole different platform afterall.   250,000 for the highest selling game... could you imagine the reaction if that was week 1 for a regular PS3 game?  Not to mention individual sales will go down as more software offerings hit their marks.

It's... definitly a gamble at this stage.

Around the Network
iWarMachine said:

Hehehe, I won't. Cats FTW!!

OT again: I curious how Move will sell in Japan now when it launches in october, hopefully it will have a good start there, too.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

iWarMachine said:
snfr said:
darthdevidem01 said:

A cat!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

SONY are dog people!

As you can see cats like Playstation, so we should like them, too

NO U!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:

Huh. 

I wouldn't... but ok.

Well, good in the sense that this was supposed to start off rather slow, and though the numbers aren't spectacular, it's off to a relatively good start. It's future will depend on word of mouth (which as it satnds is great right now) and strong software. Considering the current software isn't the best the device is going to see, the numbers are probably what Sony expected. What you or I think is irelevant.

Eh, I'm just saying.  300,000 seems... low. 

It DEFINITLY will need to keep up on the legs... otherwise... the support will die off.

I mean, you probably need at least a 5-10 million userbase to sustain a healthy software profile don't you think?

It's basically developing for a whole different platform afterall.   250,000 for the highest selling game... could you imagine the reaction if that was week 1 for a regular PS3 game?  Not to mention individual sales will go down as more software offerings hit their marks.

It's... definitly a gamble at this stage.

I'd imagine.

Basically my point.  Even if it's the sales that's intended... a slow burner plan is just very risky all around. 

Severance said:
iWarMachine said:
snfr said:

As you can see cats like Playstation, so we should like them, too

NO U!

you got nothing against this.

now, don't make me end this fight in a bad way!

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

iWarMachine said:

you got nothing against this.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee91/Gypsy48/Wolves/8090602.jpg&t=1" alt="" width="273" height="185" />

now, don't make me end this fight in a bad way!

BAD EMBED

NOW YOU DIE!

okay this is getting silly >_>;

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.