By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MOVE - 300,000 Units Sold in First Ten Days!

TRios_Zen said:
jneul said:
TRios_Zen said:

But for the purposes of tracking users, that doesn't matter, right?

What I mean is if no matter how interested you are in any given move-enabled game, you wil only buy one copy, right?  NOT two, just because you have multiple Move controllers, right?

On topic, 500K seems like a good start, so it will be interesting to see what kind of momentum move can generate going into the holiday sales period.

what on earth are you going on about lol, i was talking about controller only sales(move specifically), they all need to be tracked, not talking about SC or any other software if you are getting confused...

if we want to track move we will need all the sales data for the starter kits, single purchase of move/navi that is what i mean, hope it's More clear now

Sorry, I was referring to the fact that ioi had noted that VGChartz were tracking "userbase" numbers for Move/Kinect.

While I can see why you maybe interested in the total number of Move units out there, I'm not sure how that is all that useful.  However, I'm not trying to disuade you from trying to find out!

Lol if only I had the resources

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

remember that those 300,000 dont represent people. Many people probably bought more than one. but still very good number for just 10 days :)

hallowedbeeddie said:

remember that those 300,000 dont represent people. Many people probably bought more than one. but still very good number for just 10 days :)

Why would they buy more than one PS Eye camera?

hallowedbeeddie said:

This number represents install base, meaning that there are currently about 300.000 people with a Move and PS Eye combination in their home. 300.000 isn't the total of Move controllers sold, it's the install base.

I have said this before, but here goes again.

The number of Moves sold really doesnt matter unless they are moving with new PS3s.  Sure Sony makes some profit on the starter pack and the individual controllers, but if new consumers arent picking up the PS3 with Move bundle then the Move isnt doing what it was designed to do.

NA numbers will be interesting simply because F1 could have pushed some EMEAA sales of PS3s. We will see soon. If NA PS3 numbers are up as well then the Move sales are doing what Sony wants the Move to do.

This all applies to Kinect as well. If Kinect sells great in November and December, but 360 sales are where they were last year than Kinect isnt doing what it was supposed to do.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network
thx1139 said:

I have said this before, but here goes again.

The number of Moves sold really doesnt matter unless they are moving with new PS3s.  Sure Sony makes some profit on the starter pack and the individual controllers, but if new consumers arent picking up the PS3 with Move bundle then the Move isnt doing what it was designed to do.

NA numbers will be interesting simply because F1 could have pushed some EMEAA sales of PS3s. We will see soon. If NA PS3 numbers are up as well then the Move sales are doing what Sony wants the Move to do.

This all applies to Kinect as well. If Kinect sells great in November and December, but 360 sales are where they were last year than Kinect isnt doing what it was supposed to do.

no move's success will depend on the amount of software sold which utilises move, sony has given it one year so by then i think move will be a hit, just wait for the adverts on coke

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Slimebeast said:

So the number of actual Move controller units (the thing with a ball) is even higher than 300K? (since VGC adjusts the numbers to make them comparable with Kinect).

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Man, Move is untrackable.  How many people already had a PS Eye?  How many just bought the Wand and Camera?  How many thought it was a dildo?  How many are buying the Navigation Controller, Wand, and Camera?  I don't think we'll ever agree how sales of the peripheral should be counted or how many sold.  We'll probably just have to focus on game sales in the end.

Rainbird said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

This number represents install base, meaning that there are currently about 300.000 people with a Move and PS Eye combination in their home. 300.000 isn't the total of Move controllers sold, it's the install base.

Ah ok. didnt check properly then sorry :p

d21lewis said:

Man, Move is untrackable.  How many people already had a PS Eye?  How many just bought the Wand and Camera?  How many thought it was a dildo?  How many are buying the Navigation Controller, Wand, and Camera?  I don't think we'll ever agree how sales of the peripheral should be counted or how many sold.  We'll probably just have to focus on game sales in the end.

Everyone with the camera and atleast one wand = move sales, thing is we don't know how many people who already had a camera bought a wand