By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MOVE - 300,000 Units Sold in First Ten Days!

darthdevidem01 said:
zgamer5 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
snfr said:

This deserves a dancing kitty!

A cat!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

SONY are dog people!

but they are in last place. hence cat people.

ot: good numbers, il be getting my move in copy in late october.

you post a good point.

Doggies never lose!

@snfr

No! That's not true! That's impossible!!

Sorry Darth.  You can't win.  Obi Wan said it himself in Episode 4.

Around the Network

300K Units? What's a unit in this case? Just the move controller? Or the move (plus) Nav (plus) eyetoy camera?

I take it as 300K Move controllers; just the wand.

I guess it is good.

Now THOSE are solid numbers. Can it sustain them?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

d21lewis said:

you post a good point.

Doggies never lose!

@snfr

No! That's not true! That's impossible!!

Sorry Darth.  You can't win.  Obi Wan said it himself in Episode 4.

well episode 5 > 4 .....so whatevers said in 5 counts more

@severance

that as an ad for uh the PSP {shuts ears}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

At this rate it won't sell 1 million in 1 month, that's not good for its launch month. We'll see what kind of push the holiday season gives it but after that I don't see this thing selling well at all. If it ends the year with something like 3 million as the install base then that's not a good enough number to justify new titles.

Around the Network
Zipper said:

What exactly are the tracking? it sold 300,000? 300,000 what? bundles? standalone move cotrollers? navigation controllers? eyetoys? all those things combined?  Sports Champions sold 250,000 what? standalone copies?  or are they counting those included in the US bundles as well?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe in VGChartz's numbers

I think its logical to assume that this number refers to the amount of move handsets and eyetoy cameras sold - the (the ones that come in the same box). including the moves that are sold with the PS3 console. i dont think that includes the amount of eyetoys sold, because that came out before the move came out. and i have no idea about the navigational controller, but i think it does include the amount of standalone move handsets sold - whoever buys that must already have the camera, therefore it could well be that a lot of those are duplicate sales - because a few games require 2 handsets i think??

i guess it dosent account for Sports Campions. unless i hear a more rational explaination, i think that seems to be the most logical.

about the sales, they are pretty good, and i was concerned that move wouldl sell then drop straight out of the charts, but as long as its bundled, and people pick it up, it will be a nice slow burner!!

RAAWWR!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

success or not,

sales are going to trundle along and be decent enough in the holidays

whatever happens sony are going to be making money on all these different extra products

Above & Beyond

I just remembered that developers can now choose to go cross-platform with their Wii games, stuff like Dead Space Extraction and No More Heros is coming, personally, i would like to see Cursed Mountain, or maybe the Darkside Chronicles as well, so imo things seem to be looking good software wise also.

can i officailly say, told you so

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1