By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Plus Americas is the biggest market where 360 is "killing" Ps3... but Wii Holidays boost will give it the edge but 360 will SELL ALOT in November / December in U.S... i predict 3M for both months combined.

Around the Network
viStaR said:
ethomaz said:
viStaR said:

Sony years isnt from January from december its more like from March to March!

So what are you comparing??? FY (April to March) or real (January to December)???

15M was Sony prediction for FY.

And Microsoft FY is July to June.

im talking about VGC numbers , NPD , Media Create , GfK and what so ever not what sony or microsoft says because their numbers are shipped not sold.

Read my anwser to @Seece.

ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
viStaR said:

So whats a realistic opinion ?? Ps3 had is peak year on 2009 with Slim u wont see sales over 11M anymore... 360 has Game changer Kinect that will drive Sales in 2011 and Wii will allways be Wii and i expect big hardware Boosts on holidays this and next year.

So its pretty realistic my opinion and shold be up with the truw but we will see... it will if Kinect Changes Xbox in Japan but only time will tell...

Ps3 wont do better than 11M ... No more killer aps aka GT5 , no more Slim only a price cut can save it ad even if they cut the price Microsoft and Nintendo will follow next year.

Remember that Microsoft doesnt cut the price to 360 since 2008 so its all but lost for Sony this and next year. Maybe next gen but i doubt , Nintendo is way too smart this days.

Bold parts.

Sony prediction is 15M for year yet (shipped)... PS3 will sell more like 13.5-14M this year.

13.5/14 is rather optimistic. If it stays flat with last year from now on it'll hit 11 million, but it won't stay flat in October (lose about 500k) which you could say GT5 will make up for, 14 mill is just totally out of reach though

Are you saying that Sony shipped 15M and VGC sales only 11M??? I would love to see it happen.

PS hater.

Nah I got numbers wrong, 13 not 11.

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
viStaR said:

So whats a realistic opinion ?? Ps3 had is peak year on 2009 with Slim u wont see sales over 11M anymore... 360 has Game changer Kinect that will drive Sales in 2011 and Wii will allways be Wii and i expect big hardware Boosts on holidays this and next year.

So its pretty realistic my opinion and shold be up with the truw but we will see... it will if Kinect Changes Xbox in Japan but only time will tell...

Ps3 wont do better than 11M ... No more killer aps aka GT5 , no more Slim only a price cut can save it ad even if they cut the price Microsoft and Nintendo will follow next year.

Remember that Microsoft doesnt cut the price to 360 since 2008 so its all but lost for Sony this and next year. Maybe next gen but i doubt , Nintendo is way too smart this days.

Bold parts.

Sony prediction is 15M for year yet (shipped)... PS3 will sell more like 13.5-14M this year.

13.5/14 is rather optimistic. If it stays flat with last year from now on it'll hit 11 million, but it won't stay flat in October (lose about 500k) which you could say GT5 will make up for, 14 mill is just totally out of reach though

Edit - oops got numbers wrong, 6.5 currently, stays flat with last year it'll hit 13 mill.

I think it can match last years sales, don't think 14 mill is doable still unless we see an adjustment.

exactly what i think. Only way it'll make it is if theres a pricecut without the 360 primarily or wii having 1

viStaR said:

So its pretty realistic my opinion and should be up with the true but we will see... it will if Kinect Changes Xbox in Japan but only time will tell...

Ps3 wont do better than 11M ... No more killer aps aka GT5 , no more Slim only a price cut can save it and even if they cut the price Microsoft and Nintendo will follow next year.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ps3 had its peak year at a price of $299?

lolololololol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
viStaR said:

Bold parts.

Edit - oops got numbers wrong, 6.5 currently, stays flat with last year it'll hit 13 mill.

I think it can match last years sales, don't think 14 mill is doable still unless we see an adjustment.

This.  No price cut or redesign, just Move and GT5 for PS3 this year.  There is no way it will be able to match last year's holiday sales levels so I agree, 13M or lower.

WTF, PS3 is only 10,000 units behind the 360, and Halo Reach just came out and so did the 4GB 360 SKU. either Move is pushing those sales or F1 is a lot more popular than we think in the EU. amazing for both the 360 and the PS3.

Wii is all time low now, what else??

nightsurge said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
nightsurge said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
kowenicki said:

wii....... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

360 just keeps on keeping on.

Hopefully it hangs on until Kinect, then watch it go even higher.

it won't cause GT5 release before Kinect

Since when does GT5 affect 360 or Kinect sales?

normally all games effect other games

but i didn't mean it that way

i meant that 360 and PS3 will continue at current rate and PS3 will get a huge boost around GT5 so it will be top

360 could be top next week because of COD and kinect but 360's topping wii 360 will end GT5 week or before

Ok, but that still has nothing to do with what kowenicki said.  He wasn't referring to any sales gap between PS3 and 360, just stating that 360 sales would rise quite a bit with Kinect, which they will.  GT5 might push PS3 sales but that isn't going to TAKE AWAY 360 sales.

agree completely

i thought somebody else,my mistake

i thought kowencki was meant by "hangin on" as the top selling console.

Seece said:
ethomaz said:
Seece said:
ethomaz said:
viStaR said:

Bold parts.

Are you saying that Sony shipped 15M and VGC sales only 11M??? I would love to see it happen.

PS hater.

Nah I got numbers wrong, 13 not 11.

Now I agree ;).

13.5/14 is a little optimistic from me but 11 is so low.