By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo : 4MILLION 3DS units will be shipped in Q1 2011!!!

Aiddon said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Aiddon said:

I can't see Sony selling the PSP2 for less than the 3DS. Considering how Sony obviously did not get that graphics are even more useless on handhelds than consoles they'll just try to outpower the 3DS and repeat the same bs again. Plus Nintendo already has a bunch of 3rd party support.

why are we even talking about psp2 here?

and what makes you think sony won't have 3rd party support for psp2?

graphics aren't the main thing but they are important as games evolve

1. Because someone brought it up

2. Because the only 3rd parties who throw Sony a bone every now and then are CAPCOM (Monster Hunter), Konami (MGS), and SE (whatever is available). I doubt that's going to change much with the PSP2

3. No, no they aren't. A screen that small is useless for big splashy graphics fests like the PSP thought people were clamoring for. Portable systems shine with exaggerated art designs

the low third party support is more because of piracy not because they don't want to make games and cause sony has good relations with them

with psp2 piracy will be erased,third parties will support then

yes they are,psp was selling really well the first year and a half and games were selling well too untill piracy began and evs started to leave

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:

the low third party support is more because of piracy not because they don't want to make games and cause sony has good relations with them

with psp2 piracy will be erased,third parties will support then

yes they are,psp was selling really well the first year and a half and games were selling well too untill piracy began and evs started to leave

I very much doubt the PSP2 is somehow going to erase piracy to that extent. Even the DS had piracy problems and that still managed to sell like hot cakes and get a lot of 3rd party support. As for graphics, again they mean even less on a 3 inch screen then they do a 3 foot television. It's the same reason no one bothered rebuying movies for the bloody thing: because on a screen that small graphics orgies mean NOTHING. Sony has the distinction of getting beat down the LEAST by Nintendo but they still got their butts kicked in hilarious fashion

There were shortages for the DS?

I think the 3DS could face shortages through the first 2 years of its lifetime, pretty much like the Wii.

wow what a huge number, but I have no doubt that japan will buy like crazy. they love the ds

Mr.Metralha said:

There were shortages for the DS?

I think the 3DS could face shortages through the first 2 years of its lifetime, pretty much like the Wii.

Pre-orders for the original DS were maxed out within a day. Nintendo is probably hoping to creat a surplus for the holidays so they can keep up with demand.