By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Dinosaurs co-existed with man.

Armads said:

pizzahut451 said:

Well, i dont believe God created Earth, i believe he created the universe, so im not a creatonist i guess. But i sure as hell dont believe in a a bullshit, retarded made up theory known as Big Bang

Why wouldn't you believe in the big bang?  It's supported by tons of evidence and it doesn't even necessarily conflict with the worldview of a god-created universe.  If there can be a god in your mind, that god can start the universe with a bang I'm sure.

I find that it's not uncommon for Catholics to actually embrace the big bang theory (as opposed to just accept it).

I think maybe it's because the big bang has been historically supported by Catholics. In fact Georges Lemaitre, the originator of the big bang theory, was a catholic priest. Also pope Pius XII actively encouraged other catholics to accept the big bang theory, announcing that it did not conflict with Christianity. I know pope John Paul II supported it too.

When you hear people refute the big bang it's more of an extension of refuting evolution, as they somehow see the two somehow intertwined, as opposed to treating the big bang theory as a completely separate idea.

Around the Network

bookmarked for later.

One time I drew a ninja riding a dinosaur.

But did it actually happen?

Yes, yes it did.

And yea, Jesus did ride into Galilee on a great diplodocus, and with love in his heart did bless the newbord baby raptor, with water over his head.

Amen.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

The Ghost of RubangB said:

Yes, yes it did.

Yes, yes it did. I saw it. I didn't have a camera, so i drew it on a wall:

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network

ahahaha you guys are hilarious. Clearly flyng spaghetti monster exist among us, but no dinosaurs.

Scruff7 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Yes, yes it did.

Yes, yes it did. I saw it. I didn't have a camera, so i drew it on a wall:

I went with the cute ninja on a menacing dino instead of the menacing ninja (with cute stubby legs) on a cute dino.  Mine was throwing shuriken at cavemen, and didn't have a badass skull helm or glowing eyes.  I believe this one's a higher rank.

Either way, both methods prove the same point: dino ninjas are a real threat (and a real treat).

Nintendo has known this for a looooooooooooong time.

numonex said:

Some religious nuts believe the world 6,000 year old and they believe in the Creationism of the Bible just like  Sarah Palin and religious cults/sects. Palin believes the world is only 6,000 years old and was created by God. 

The Bible is fairy tales for children. No way is Creationism or a big guy in the sky created the world and universe. Physicists and other science experts have proven that science created the world and the universe more than 4 billion years ago. 

Modern man has only been alive for 70,000 years originate from Africa and migrating to all the continent of the world over time. Man evolved from chimpanzees and Darwin's theory of Evolution proves that life on this planet has slowly evolved and changed over billions of years. The Dinosaurs were extinct 65 million years ago due to a meteorite wiping them out. 65 million year gap between the arrival of man and the extinction of the Dinosaurs. Carbon dating of fossils show the dinosaurs have been dead for 65 million years .  

40,000 years ago the last of the giant mammals: woolly mammoths, sabre tooth tigers became extinct. Lizards, alligators and crocodiles closely resembling dinosaurs are still thriving: unchanged for millions of years. 

BTW: In Steven Spielberg's Jurassic Park, they brought the dinosaurs pack from the dead by extracting mosquito DNA and growing dinosaurs in the science laboratory. Cloning dinosaurs and bringing them back from the grave is impossible. ;)))

Look, we are all entitled to our own opinions and beliefs, but you do realize that Science doesn't PROVE anything, right?

It is one of the foremost truths in Science that it does not provide proof or final/permanent truth.

Also, although the theory of radiocarbon dating is interesting, there are several inherent problems with the process. The first of these problems is the fact that the original ratio of carbon and radioactive carbon is unknown. The second problem is that the possibility of contamination of the sample over time is quite high. The older the sample the higher the probability of contamination, in fact! What this means is that using carbon dating to date very old samples is really quite impractical given our current level of knowledge and technological capabilities.

nightsurge said:

Also, although the theory of radiocarbon dating is interesting, there are several inherent problems with the process. The first of these problems is the fact that the original ratio of carbon and radioactive carbon is unknown. The second problem is that the possibility of contamination of the sample over time is quite high. The older the sample the higher the probability of contamination, in fact! What this means is that using carbon dating to date very old samples is really quite impractical given our current level of knowledge and technological capabilities.

The estimates we get from radiocarbon dating tend to line up with other evidence from the same sample quite well. We haven't found any fossils spectacularly out of line of the accepted record for decades, suggesting it is reliable.

Although impurities do affect it, radiocarbon dating (which is not the only method of radioisotope dating by the way) isn't going to be off by an order of magnitude like the OP is suggesting. It could be off by a few thousand years at a period of a million years ago, which doesn't affect the conclusions. The time period where it becomes unreliable is well before the dinosaur era.