By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I Believe COD:BO (PS3) Will Better Reach's 1st Week What Do U Believe In?

rf40928 said:
zgamer5 said:
rf40928 said:
zgamer5 said:
rf40928 said:
BHR-3 said:

vs                     

Will Call of Duty Black Ops PS3 Out Do Halo Reach's First Week?

TIPS

There are no TIPS this time do to dis respect calling me stealth troll, locking my threads, banning my vgc friends, and saying my math's is wrong do it yourselves now

Ive been reading alot of comments recently here on VGChartz lot of people are really excited about what Reach was able to put up 1st week. I myself can't really comment since i dont own the game or am a MS fan but I'd say this, if i was a MS fan i would be a tad bit dissapointed with its sales much like i was with Uncharted 2, i made the thread that it would sell 2M end of 09 last year and it did, i was happy for it but then when i finally got the game around December i wasnt really feeling the campaign and made multiple threads on the matter that it wasnt deserving of 10/10 and best single player of the decade, i owned up to my disappointment.

Now idc about if your still excited about its first weeks sales or whatever, but way before Reach came out i had originally predicted that GT5 would out sell it by the end of this year thats b/c i thought GT5 would release around June but it hasnt so i had to revise my prophesy to GT5>Reach LT.  Now I cant just let Reach get away like that this year so i had to go back to the lab and come up with another prophesy that was bold about something vs Reach for this year and i came up with this,another thing that came up in the lab was CODBO 360 selling more than reach end of 2010 but i believe most would see this happening as well

Post what you believe will occur regarding this matter of PS3s COD vs Reach 1st week performance

I'll go first I believe COD BO PS3 WW Numbers for week one will be greater or equal to Reach's and if there not i only see it being about 100-200k off form what Reach did

Reachs current WW week one numbers are 4,049,971

From above: "I myself can't really comment since i dont own the game or am a MS fan but I'd say this, if i was a MS fan i would be a tad bit dissapointed with its sales much like i was with Uncharted 2.."

Why would you be a tad disappointed?  With Reach you just broke your previously highest selling Halo 1 week record ( which used to be Halo 3 ) by nearly 250k units.. which proves they not only kept their core fans, but picked up a few new ones, which alot of games on their 4 or 5th release do not do.. If you look at even games like Final Fantasy.. mostly its the core fans who keep it selling.. but they dont typically outsell the others..'

Also, Reach's first week outsold Halo 3's.. so it'll probably beat Halo 3's lifetime sales ( released 2007 ) eventually.. which Halo 3 ( 360's second best seller ) did 11.1 Million units sold.. Compared to PS3's #1 best seller COD MW2 at 8.2 Million units ( PS3 #2 seller only did a bit over 6 million units sold ! )..

Id be more disappointed if I was solely in the PS3 camp, in the end if you're a gaming fan you love each console for what is good.. I'm not a fanboy, I loved the PS2, but I think Sony lost its vision a bit with the PS3 as far as keeping in touch with the avg gamer..

can i ask you a question? do you know what were the predictions of some people here about halo reaches week one? the answer to that is no./ ends thread.

The answer is I do know, and you evidentally think for some reason that 'If YOU beleive someone doesnt know then they don't... thats called delusion.. Obviosly Im a halo fan so Ive read alot more then just at VGChartz..

There were a couple post on the forums about Reach's expectations, One was first week sales expectations alone..and I beleive one was lifetime..

' Some' fans said it would sell better then Halo 3 ( and Reach did this & holds the record for an exclusive now ! ) ..So some said it would be more, but many ( Id say mostly PS3 spoil-sports ) were saying it would do much less - more like ODST sales - and they said this because they assumed ODST was a trend of Halo sales going down, instead of the truth - Which is ODST was an expansion not based on the Super Human Characters "Spartans" Which everyone plays in multiplayer..

Fact is any game based on the traditional Spartans is probably going to sell very strong for quite some time because FPS are in .. and Halo has a great storyline..

Back to the orginal answer I already gave - COD BO XB360 might sell alittle more then Halo Reach the first week, but not the PS3 version.  Halo Reach is now the exclusive record holder ( sold 4.1 million in its first 5 days), overtaking Halo 3 ( sold 3.7 million in 1st week) .. It'll probably hold that record for awhile.. maybe even till next gen consoles are out..

lol again you fail. most of the predictions of people where in the mid 4 millions or high 4 millions, it did sell more then halo 3 but their were thousands of posts saying that its going to beat mw2 and their was a thread about the fw of reach outselling mgs4 which is at 4.9.

lol ps3 fans said it would do odst numbers, you hit it right on the spot!!! yes their are the fanboys from both sides, and their is a chance that some fanboys said it would do like odst, but in the past 6 months i barely saw people say that reach will trend like odst, bhr and others used odst to say that halo reach wont outsell halo 3 lifetime but they never compared it to odst, they also used odst in gt5 vs reach threads, but that is something else.

i dont care about halo reach's record, point it halo fans were disapointed, heck even i a SONY FAN was disapointed because i expected more.  yo_jhon one of the biggest halo fans said that he expected more, and obviously reach halo_reach and ihugi were way off their 5 million fw sales. reach sold great, but many people were disapointed.

Who was disappointed? Bungie ? MS? Fans ? I dont think anyone was really.. I dont see any hardcore fans having pity parties... Maybe a few Sony fans are upset that another MS exclusive did well.. I think ALL the above ( minus Sony fanboys ) were happy Reach turned out to be a great game; happy it sold well; happier it sold more then Halo 3 and not less.

Even if many fans, of which many are children and teens with high expectations and imaginations mind you, predicted it would sell higher (then its record breaking number that it did ) - does it matter?  I didnt fail at anything.. You said "Most said it would sell mid to high 4's or even 5's" ... I'd say maybe HALF, but NOT MOST actually said that ,  ... just as many who said it would see that higher number said it would sell 3 million its first week..  You say many were disappointed, but I'm not seeing much disappointment in the air.. of course someones always going to complain, since no game on any console can please everyone all the time, although much of it..

you wont understand do you? and also this isnt youtube sony fans dont go like yesss!!!! reach didnt sell that well. also im many sony fans have 360s like cgi, severence and many others.

children and teens? other then reach halo_reach and ihugi all of people who predicted it would sell higher then 4 million are adults.

seriously you need to be more active on vgchartz and to pay more attention to the details before going and saying bs.

their was a thread about reach being undertracked, that is disapointment, their were countless debates in americas up and ww's uo thread about reach being disapointing or not, thats disapointment in the air, but other then that their isnt. people arent attached emotionally to the sales of gaming, lets say gt5 sells 1 million ltd, il be disapointed, but that would just be for a couple of seconds and then i woudnt give a shit. the disapointment of people wore off, your expect it to last a couple of days?

ps: i wont reply anymore because its pointless and you dont seem to understand. have a good day and hopefully next time youl do better :P.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
rf40928 said:
zgamer5 said:
rf40928 said:
zgamer5 said:
rf40928 said:
BHR-3 said:

vs                     

TIPS

There are no TIPS this time do to dis respect calling me stealth troll, locking my threads, banning my vgc friends, and saying my math's is wrong do it yourselves now

Ive been reading alot of comments recently here on VGChartz lot of people are really excited about what Reach was able to put up 1st week. I myself can't really comment since i dont own the game or am a MS fan but I'd say this, if i was a MS fan i would be a tad bit dissapointed with its sales much like i was with Uncharted 2, i made the thread that it would sell 2M end of 09 last year and it did, i was happy for it but then when i finally got the game around December i wasnt really feeling the campaign and made multiple threads on the matter that it wasnt deserving of 10/10 and best single player of the decade, i owned up to my disappointment.

Now idc about if your still excited about its first weeks sales or whatever, but way before Reach came out i had originally predicted that GT5 would out sell it by the end of this year thats b/c i thought GT5 would release around June but it hasnt so i had to revise my prophesy to GT5>Reach LT.  Now I cant just let Reach get away like that this year so i had to go back to the lab and come up with another prophesy that was bold about something vs Reach for this year and i came up with this,another thing that came up in the lab was CODBO 360 selling more than reach end of 2010 but i believe most would see this happening as well

Post what you believe will occur regarding this matter of PS3s COD vs Reach 1st week performance

I'll go first I believe COD BO PS3 WW Numbers for week one will be greater or equal to Reach's and if there not i only see it being about 100-200k off form what Reach did

From above: "I myself can't really comment since i dont own the game or am a MS fan but I'd say this, if i was a MS fan i would be a tad bit dissapointed with its sales much like i was with Uncharted 2.."

Why would you be a tad disappointed?  With Reach you just broke your previously highest selling Halo 1 week record ( which used to be Halo 3 ) by nearly 250k units.. which proves they not only kept their core fans, but picked up a few new ones, which alot of games on their 4 or 5th release do not do.. If you look at even games like Final Fantasy.. mostly its the core fans who keep it selling.. but they dont typically outsell the others..'

Also, Reach's first week outsold Halo 3's.. so it'll probably beat Halo 3's lifetime sales ( released 2007 ) eventually.. which Halo 3 ( 360's second best seller ) did 11.1 Million units sold.. Compared to PS3's #1 best seller COD MW2 at 8.2 Million units ( PS3 #2 seller only did a bit over 6 million units sold ! )..

Id be more disappointed if I was solely in the PS3 camp, in the end if you're a gaming fan you love each console for what is good.. I'm not a fanboy, I loved the PS2, but I think Sony lost its vision a bit with the PS3 as far as keeping in touch with the avg gamer..

can i ask you a question? do you know what were the predictions of some people here about halo reaches week one? the answer to that is no./ ends thread.

The answer is I do know, and you evidentally think for some reason that 'If YOU beleive someone doesnt know then they don't... thats called delusion.. Obviosly Im a halo fan so Ive read alot more then just at VGChartz..

There were a couple post on the forums about Reach's expectations, One was first week sales expectations alone..and I beleive one was lifetime..

' Some' fans said it would sell better then Halo 3 ( and Reach did this & holds the record for an exclusive now ! ) ..So some said it would be more, but many ( Id say mostly PS3 spoil-sports ) were saying it would do much less - more like ODST sales - and they said this because they assumed ODST was a trend of Halo sales going down, instead of the truth - Which is ODST was an expansion not based on the Super Human Characters "Spartans" Which everyone plays in multiplayer..

Fact is any game based on the traditional Spartans is probably going to sell very strong for quite some time because FPS are in .. and Halo has a great storyline..

Back to the orginal answer I already gave - COD BO XB360 might sell alittle more then Halo Reach the first week, but not the PS3 version.  Halo Reach is now the exclusive record holder ( sold 4.1 million in its first 5 days), overtaking Halo 3 ( sold 3.7 million in 1st week) .. It'll probably hold that record for awhile.. maybe even till next gen consoles are out..

lol again you fail. most of the predictions of people where in the mid 4 millions or high 4 millions, it did sell more then halo 3 but their were thousands of posts saying that its going to beat mw2 and their was a thread about the fw of reach outselling mgs4 which is at 4.9.

lol ps3 fans said it would do odst numbers, you hit it right on the spot!!! yes their are the fanboys from both sides, and their is a chance that some fanboys said it would do like odst, but in the past 6 months i barely saw people say that reach will trend like odst, bhr and others used odst to say that halo reach wont outsell halo 3 lifetime but they never compared it to odst, they also used odst in gt5 vs reach threads, but that is something else.

i dont care about halo reach's record, point it halo fans were disapointed, heck even i a SONY FAN was disapointed because i expected more.  yo_jhon one of the biggest halo fans said that he expected more, and obviously reach halo_reach and ihugi were way off their 5 million fw sales. reach sold great, but many people were disapointed.

Who was disappointed? Bungie ? MS? Fans ? I dont think anyone was really.. I dont see any hardcore fans having pity parties... Maybe a few Sony fans are upset that another MS exclusive did well.. I think ALL the above ( minus Sony fanboys ) were happy Reach turned out to be a great game; happy it sold well; happier it sold more then Halo 3 and not less.

Even if many fans, of which many are children and teens with high expectations and imaginations mind you, predicted it would sell higher (then its record breaking number that it did ) - does it matter?  I didnt fail at anything.. You said "Most said it would sell mid to high 4's or even 5's" ... I'd say maybe HALF, but NOT MOST actually said that ,  ... just as many who said it would see that higher number said it would sell 3 million its first week..  You say many were disappointed, but I'm not seeing much disappointment in the air.. of course someones always going to complain, since no game on any console can please everyone all the time, although much of it..

you wont understand do you? and also this isnt youtube sony fans dont go like yesss!!!! reach didnt sell that well. also im many sony fans have 360s like cgi, severence and many others.

children and teens? other then reach halo_reach and ihugi all of people who predicted it would sell higher then 4 million are adults.

seriously you need to be more active on vgchartz and to pay more attention to the details before going and saying bs.

their was a thread about reach being undertracked, that is disapointment, their were countless debates in americas up and ww's uo thread about reach being disapointing or not, thats disapointment in the air, but other then that their isnt. people arent attached emotionally to the sales of gaming, lets say gt5 sells 1 million ltd, il be disapointed, but that would just be for a couple of seconds and then i woudnt give a shit. the disapointment of people wore off, your expect it to last a couple of days?

ps: i wont reply anymore because its pointless and you dont seem to understand. have a good day and hopefully next time youl do better :P.

lol...you don't give up do you...

No.

Because Black Ops is just as big as Modern Warfare 2.

It's just that simple.

LOL

So what's the point of this? A desperate attempt to down-play the huge sales of Halo Reach and not a good one at that...

You obviously want to compare the 360 vs PS3 software sales-wise... thus you choosing Reach vs CoD Black Ops (PS3 version) But why? There's a 360 version that will almost definitey outsell the PS3 version so if by some unlikely reason the PS3 version of CoD were to outsell Reach... so what then? The 360 version will counter it.... why not chose a PS3 exclusive against Reach? Oh right... they don't sell as well...

So that leads me to believe... desperate much?

Xbox 360 has outsold the PS3 in both Hardware and Softwware....and not to mention downloadable games which 360 has in the bag too... accept it and get over it! Seriously...

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

I meant not as big as black ops. my bad

It's just that simple.

Around the Network

umm possible, but i say GT5 will sell more than COD BO on PS3 and Reach combined in its life time

i say GT5 will sell 20-30 million units over the next 5 years, so around 1/3 to 1/2 of ps3 owners will have it 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

BHR-3 said:

I'll attempt my PR for COD BO PS3 in hope for more sales

(Insert BulletPoint Hype for all versions/platforms - hey mods -  I saved some space!)

Reasons to buy it on PS3 over 360

Just look at the box arts notice that the PS3s looks more natural b/c of the black banner this thing was made to be purchased on the PS3, also you can always enjoy all the online MP features on PS3 for free

That's it? That's the reason? A black banner means it was "made to be purchased on PS3"?

If you truly believe that (and it seems to be the only reason unique to the PS3 in your list) as someone who bought a Playstation 1 on launch, well I don't really know what to say. 

So in light of that - I'm sure the hardcore COD fans (and not just the Sony " I will tell you the sky is green and then argue if you disagree" fans - ie. not all Sony fans are so deluded) will go for a "black banner" over-

1)timed exclusive DLC

2) Less hacked, better moderated online play (eg.exploits being patched a damn lot quicker in MW2 on 360/less "I signed up an online account to run around and be an asshat/teamkiller, with no threat of banning/longterm bad rep because - hey - I'll just start a new MP account for free" vs. "I'm not wasting my <$5 a month on a ban" - I think of it as less asshat tax)

3)Larger case/artwork - because most COD fans prefer size over a lil stripe. (ridiculous point but possibly less ridiculous than your original point)

If this is what it's like in PS3land, I truly feel sorrow for all of you. Was sony's tag "Live in our world, play with yourself"?

OT - I believe in a universal spirituality  that flows between all people, That's what I believe in. And that PS3 CODBO numbers will be around higher than PS3 MW2 numbers first week.

well one hopes not, but no doubt it will there are still lots of people that love their yearly dosage of COD games, I myself have no doubts you are right

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

zgamer5 said:
rf40928 said:
zgamer5 said:
rf40928 said:
zgamer5 said:
rf40928 said:
BHR-3 said:

vs                     

TIPS

i never felt bad to begin or end with. 

PS: Halo Reach approaching 5 million units sold in only  its second week !

...Even though Halo 3 sold 3.7 million in week one..It took Halo 3 ( released Sept 25, 2007)  Two Months ( accomplished Nov 30, 2007 ) to hit 5 million ! ...

...It'll probably play out different because Halo 3 sold almost another 3 million during the holidays and conversely  hit 8 million in Jan 2008..

So it'll be interesting to see what Reach does during the Holidays..