By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sends PSP2 dev kits across the industry!!!!!!

a12331 said:
scottie said:
Vetteman94 said:
mai said:
leo-j said:

make it better than the iphone 4, and I'll buy it..

You'd pay $500-700 for a portable?

Why, there are $200 phones better than the iPhone 4

Give 2 examples of $200 phones with better graphical power than the iPhone4.

all of the Samsung galaxy s phones  have better graphical power than the iphone4

Since when Galaxy S is a $200 phone?

Around the Network

Why are cell phones being brought into the discussion? Those $200 phones aren't $200. The Cell companies subsidize the cost when you sign up for a 2 year contract. If you want to see the phone's real price. Try buying one unlocked.

Doobie_wop said:

I never said the PSP sold more than anything, I'm saying that in Third World countries, the PSP is most likely bought to be hacked and because Sony release their consoles to a larger variety of countries than both Nintendo and Microsoft, piracy effects them more.

I'm not saying the PSP is more "hardcore" in terms of games for the system, I'm saying that the same people who are willing to pay the high price for the PSP and know how to take advantage of the system are most likely 13 to 25 year old gamers that have a basic knowledge of how to do these things.

I don't get your second point, people with the knowledge of how to mod and pirate games for a PSP aren't going to be your average buyer.

They take advantage of the system by allowing you to play pirated games, I'm pretty sure Sony ( or any other company) doesn't want that to happen. 

Sony blamed it on piracy and I believed them because I've seen it happen so many times in Australia. From my experience, the PSP is bought by males between the age of 13 and 25, every single person I've seen that has bought a PSP has it modded straight away, most of them bought the PSP with the intention of modding the system. They didn't do it because the PSP had a lackluster library, they did it because they can get games for free and it was extremely easy. The DS, Wii and PS2 have been very lucky that they have reached out to a different audience, I doubt 5 to 12 year olds would have any idea what piracy is, the same could apply to the older markets that Nintendo has captured. Piracy still exists on those systems, but they still have millions of people that are willing to buy games legally. 

Where in the world do they sell PSP that don't have other consoles? And how many units.

Again, you're buying into Sony's marketing by calling the DS a kiddy console. It's called truth repitition. You know, repeat it enough and it becomes the truth, regardless of its truthiness.

I won't tell you that the DS has a large 25 userbase, otherwise, you'll start calling us casuals, too.

Galaki said:
Doobie_wop said:

I never said the PSP sold more than anything, I'm saying that in Third World countries, the PSP is most likely bought to be hacked and because Sony release their consoles to a larger variety of countries than both Nintendo and Microsoft, piracy effects them more.

I'm not saying the PSP is more "hardcore" in terms of games for the system, I'm saying that the same people who are willing to pay the high price for the PSP and know how to take advantage of the system are most likely 13 to 25 year old gamers that have a basic knowledge of how to do these things.

I don't get your second point, people with the knowledge of how to mod and pirate games for a PSP aren't going to be your average buyer.

They take advantage of the system by allowing you to play pirated games, I'm pretty sure Sony ( or any other company) doesn't want that to happen. 

Sony blamed it on piracy and I believed them because I've seen it happen so many times in Australia. From my experience, the PSP is bought by males between the age of 13 and 25, every single person I've seen that has bought a PSP has it modded straight away, most of them bought the PSP with the intention of modding the system. They didn't do it because the PSP had a lackluster library, they did it because they can get games for free and it was extremely easy. The DS, Wii and PS2 have been very lucky that they have reached out to a different audience, I doubt 5 to 12 year olds would have any idea what piracy is, the same could apply to the older markets that Nintendo has captured. Piracy still exists on those systems, but they still have millions of people that are willing to buy games legally. 

Where in the world do they sell PSP that don't have other consoles? And how many units.

Again, you're buying into Sony's marketing by calling the DS a kiddy console. It's called truth repitition. You know, repeat it enough and it becomes the truth, regardless of its truthiness.

I won't tell you that the DS has a large 25 userbase, otherwise, you'll start calling us casuals, too.

I don't buy into anyone's marketing, Sony doesn't market their failure. They offered a reason and it's one I agree with. I also never said the DS was a kiddy console, I said that it's casual userbase is so large that even if a few people mod the console, Nintendo can still rely on a huge amount of people to purchase software because they aren't involved in piracy. Sony being a massive electronics company, distributes their console to more countries than their competitors, it also doesn't help that most of their expansion is to Third World countries, places that are rampant with piracy. 

Your getting riled up and putting words in my mouth. That's a sign of immaturity and of a person that lacks reason. You don't have to agree with me, but you also don't have to imply that I'm brainwashed and that I have some sort of bias.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:
Galaki said:
Doobie_wop said:

I don't buy into anyone's marketing, Sony doesn't market their failure. They offered a reason and it's one I agree with. I also never said the DS was a kiddy console, I said that it's casual userbase is so large that even if a few people mod the console, Nintendo can still rely on a huge amount of people to purchase software because they aren't involved in piracy. Sony being a massive electronics company, distributes their console to more countries than their competitors, it also doesn't help that most of their expansion is to Third World countries, places that are rampant with piracy. 

Your getting riled up and putting words in my mouth. That's a sign of immaturity and of a person that lacks reason. You don't have to agree with me, but you also don't have to imply that I'm brainwashed and that I have some sort of bias.

Oh, are we starting name calling already?

So, where are these "Third World Countries" you spoke highly of? They must have sold 40M PSP there, huh?

Around the Network
Galaki said:
Doobie_wop said:
Galaki said:
Doobie_wop said:

Oh, are we starting name calling already?

So, where are these "Third World Countries" you spoke highly of? They must have sold 40M PSP there, huh?

Insinuating that I'm too stupid to think for myself and that I'm a part of the whole "Nintendo iz for da Kiddyz" crowd is far more insulting than pointing out immaturity.

I never said that Third World Countries had that much of an impact, they do play a part, but I never said that 40 million PSPs have been sold in those regions. It's also common knowledge that Sony sells consoles to more regions than both Nntendo and Microsoft, mainly because they have ties with their other electronics sectors (TV's, Blue-Ray, DVD, MP3). Places like Vietnam, the Middle East, Portugal etc are always late to the console party and it just happens that Sony usually get their first. Your picking out certain points in my responses and ignoring the rest, which is not cool.

We've derailed this thread for long enough, you believe one thing and I believe another. I can only hope to have convinced you a little bit, you haven't done much to convince me.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

mai said:
a12331 said:
scottie said:
Vetteman94 said:
mai said:
leo-j said:

make it better than the iphone 4, and I'll buy it..

You'd pay $500-700 for a portable?

Why, there are $200 phones better than the iPhone 4

Give 2 examples of $200 phones with better graphical power than the iPhone4.

all of the Samsung galaxy s phones  have better graphical power than the iphone4

Since when Galaxy S is a $200 phone?

i think when Vetteman94 said 200 he meant subsidized by the carriers, which the galaxy s is in the us. 

Just announce the thing already sony. lol