By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I played Heavenly Sword for about 20-30 minutes in Target and not impressed

@kazadoom: Welcome to the Internet, you must be new around here

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network
Bladeneo said:
The whole "Its a button basher" theme pisses me off, the combat system is deeper than that, just takes a while to understand everything.

twesterm said:
Bladeneo said:
The whole "Its a button basher" theme pisses me off, the combat system is deeper than that, just takes a while to understand everything.

Well that clears up what I was doing wrong when I tried it at Wal-Mart. I'm not suppose to use the control stick. =P

I felt the same way about Super Mario Galaxy. I hogged the demo station in my local GameStop for over 30 minutes and wasn't impressed with it. Im still gonna give another go, but I didn't buy the whole "IT's the best game ever! You don't like games if you don't like SMG!!!!!!"

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

chuckd said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Let me start by saying that I am a fan of good threads, I hate bad threads, but I do not think that this thread is crap. I believe it's a very good thread, just not my cup of tea. I did however get a chance to read the top post earier today and I just was not impressed. To me, it was just another read the same words, hear the same thing over and over again type of post. The other posters were great I will say but I forgot about them after about 2 minutes, and then the lack of content started to set in. Something else I noticed was that the scope of the thread could not even handle a properly paragraphed opinion in my browser right. The words kept getting jammed together and smart people kept shifting around everytime I refreshed. The whole experience just left me kind of meh. Like I said, bad threads are just not my cup of tea and this short time with your thread had no effect in changing that. Oh well, let the anger begin I guess. Just my thoughts purely, nothing else.

That's my nominee for post of the year.

WoW you don't quite fit in here !

You're too smart ! 

GO AWAY ! 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Bladeneo said:

So youve shown one video of someone playing the game in that way and that means it should be? Congratulations. That guy is using about 2% of the combat in the game.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

possibly but doesnt excuse that you can get through the game bashing two buttons, heck you dont even have to watch the screen

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Bladeneo said:
twesterm said:
Bladeneo said:

So youve shown one video of someone playing the game in that way and that means it should be? Congratulations. That guy is using about 2% of the combat in the game.

Yeah, that's me playing and showing that you can get through the demo at least pressing only those two buttons and not looking at the screen.

You never have to look at the screen. You never have to move the control sticks. You never have to defend. You never have to do combos. The game does everything for you. A game with deep combat mechanics doesn't let you do all that (or I guess not do all that) and be decent at the game.

Haha, great video. I played HS too, and that is exactly how it is. Mash button, watch cut scenes, repeat. Not a game I would even consider purchasing for my PS3.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

That video is hilarious. I was hoping someone would say that was fake, but no one didn't so I assume it's real?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957