By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier is an excellent, underrated game

I'll will get this and Yakuza 3 soon, by soon I mean probably the summer holidays!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network

IMO, the first part is average. But the second one is absolutely awesome and it gets even better when you're in the second playthrough (first time a game made me feel really bad for killing something).

You know i actully might get this, i've heard great things about it, and its in the bargin bin now; the reason i was skeptical was because i cant believe SE have made something good this gen that isnt FF, DQ or KH.

havent played yet but i will be buying soon.

Looked at it before day one and thought nah after Square Enix's recent attempts at a decent RPG. (Last Remnant/ Infinite Undiscovery etc)

May order it now considering it's dirt cheap.

Around the Network

the question is why don't i have this game yet? , i really don't know , i always forget to get it.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

A203D said:

You know i actully might get this, i've heard great things about it, and its in the bargin bin now; the reason i was skeptical was because i cant believe SE have made something good this gen that isnt FF, DQ or KH.

>:O TWEWY! but was co-developed by jupiter :P

but... dun dun dun OT

I will come and steal someone's dog if I buy Nier and it's bad... :D

I'd heard conflicting reviews about it but decided to get it because it was dirt cheap, first impressions of it was shocking, thought the visuals was awful and combat a bit hit and miss, but after putting in a few hours, I got to say its really grown on me, music is some of the best I've heard this gen and its got a charm that reminds of last gen rpg's, which is a good thing for me. 

I'd definitely recommend it, it's like the opposite of ff13 which bored the shit out of me. 

A question...what kind of game is this really?...I´ve heard it´s an JRPG, but I see the mention of 'hack n slash gameplay'...it´s like a fusion of the two genres?

you guys said its dirt cheap? really i still see it for like 30 to 40 bucks
(not dirt cheap)