By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your favorite reality show?

you mean scripted show,that's made out to look like a reality show. lol  I'm not really into these pretend reality shows,but I did watch a couple episodes of jersey shore,just because I think snooki is hot. The stupidity of the show out won her hotness. lol

Around the Network

Survivor by far.

A far second is The BiggestLoser (I hate the "monologues" and the stupid elimination ceremonies in this show, but love to watch the transformations and  Bob and Jillian torture contestants. Also it makes me feel even thinner than I am).

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

I used to like Fear Factor, but that's not on anymore.  I also liked the first season of the Apprentice, but every season since has diminished it's value.  Currently, there isn't a reality show I watch.  Hmm.

If you mean fake reality shows I don't watch any......anymore. I do watch First 48 a lot though, and sadly I knew some people that were featured on it.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

does Mythbusters count as reality show?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

"What Would You Do?" also comes to mind. It's a really good show.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

oldschoolfool said:

you mean scripted show,that's made out to look like a reality show. lol  I'm not really into these pretend reality shows,but I did watch a couple episodes of jersey shore,just because I think snooki is hot. The stupidity of the show out won her hotness. lol

ewwwwww lol. I like jwow

oldschoolfool said:

I think "scripted" is the wrong word; "staged" is more appropriate ...

Anyone who is put on one of these shows has been carefully picked to play a certain role to get a certain result from the show, then the producers are constantly adjusting the show to get the result they want, and then several hours of tape are edited down to a form which is as dramatic as possible for TV. While there is no reality in these shows, I highly doubt there is a script.

mexmen92 said:

What is this "reality show" you speak of?

One of the gentlemen in your avatar is in a reality show right now. >_>

So no one likes So you think you can Dance? It's my favourite reality show because most of the contestants have so much passion and some of them have dedicated their whole lives in what they love. I admire them and I wish I had a dancer's body. It's such an inspiring and emotional show.